OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Update to the update: Best news yet!

So I looked into a buy back, but it wasn't feasible financially since I was going to take a hit being as I'm still paying on the car and would only get the difference in equity after I paid the loan off, so I opted for the replacement.

Toyota doesn't have any 2021/2022's available so I'll be getting a brand new 2023 that's being built as we speak. I asked if I could swap for a manual but they said it had to be a 1-for-1 replacement with the same features/build. I'm good with an Auto since I'll have a manual Emira but it was worth a shot. They did let me pick which color I wanted, so I went with Stratosphere blue.

Oh and since my car is modded, they are letting me pull my mods and tires so I can basically make my current Supra stock, and put all the performance parts I already purchased on the 23. I'm excited AF!
Sponsored

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium (Red)
I can appreciate this post! I've got a 2021 that had oil consumption issues. Toyota moved forward with cylinders/rings. Got the car back and performance wise drove just fine. However, there is a fluttering/ticking sound between 0-3,000 rpms. This is a different sound from that cold start clatter many have asked about. I headed back to the retailer and test drove with the tech and he noticed that something was not right. We test drove the vehicle next to a wall and he noticed it right away. They just recently got approval to tear the engine down again. I'm the 2nd owner so I think a buyback is out of the picture and I haven't bothered contacting their customer service holiltline. Could it be lifters? Next week I may reach out to Toyota and asking for a complimentary extended warranty. Thoughts on what this new issue might be?

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
I can appreciate this post! I've got a 2021 that had oil consumption issues. Toyota moved forward with cylinders/rings. Got the car back and performance wise drove just fine. However, there is a fluttering/ticking sound between 0-3,000 rpms. This is a different sound from that cold start clatter many have asked about. I headed back to the retailer and test drove with the tech and he noticed that something was not right. We test drove the vehicle next to a wall and he noticed it right away. They just recently got approval to tear the engine down again. I'm the 2nd owner so I think a buyback is out of the picture and I haven't bothered contacting their customer service holiltline. Could it be lifters? Next week I may reach out to Toyota and asking for a complimentary extended warranty. Thoughts on what this new issue might be?
Man, I was about to be in your same shoes but when talking to Toyota corporate I mentioned the word ā€œlemonā€ in passing and they completely switched gears. Before that, I was prepared to take my car back and work with what I had, but that never got a chance of that happening after mentioning that word. They transferred me to the legal dept vs customer service.

Every state has their own way of handling that but since in my case, my car was going to be at Toyota (and still is at Toyota) for 4+ months. In my state, there needs to be an investigation after the car is down for 30+ days. They gave me only two options, but honestly, I wouldā€™ve been good with a new engine, keeping my current chasis. But with this outcome, I couldnā€™t be happier.

I had to pay to return the car to stock and will have to pay to mod the new car but in the end, I think itā€™s worth it to be on a new platform with hopefully no issues. šŸ¤žšŸ½šŸ¤žšŸ½

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
IMG_8710.jpeg

Final update for now: 2023 received, 2021 returned back to Toyota. Paid zero out of pocket. 9 miles on the odometer. Took about a year, but worth it imo.
Congrats! I really hope you can truly enjoy the car now.

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
So this is going to be the final form for now. This is after two months of ownership, couldā€™ve been done faster if bodyshops didnā€™t have so long of a lead time.

Mods:
  • HKS catback exhaust
  • HKS intake
  • AA catted DP
  • Eibach Springs
  • Burger 15mm spacers x4
  • 295 Mich rear, 265 Mich front
  • CF A91 replica wing
  • CF door garnishes
  • Black Supra emblem
  • Red and black GR badge
  • CF Toyota badges
  • Black tinted DOT side reflectors
  • CF seat insert
To be installed:
  • JB4 Bluetooth (Unless I go with this femtoo send off. Kinda why I havenā€™t installed it yet, still debatingā€¦)
  • CF hood inserts
  • Lip kit (Not sure which one Iā€™m gonna go with yet, not yet purchased)

IMG_8812.jpeg

IMG_8813.jpeg

IMG_8814.jpeg

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
So this is going to be the final form for now. This is after two months of ownership, couldā€™ve been done faster if bodyshops didnā€™t have so long of a lead time.

Mods:
  • HKS catback exhaust
  • HKS intake
  • AA catted DP
  • Eibach Springs
  • Burger 15mm spacers x4
  • 295 Mich rear, 265 Mich front
  • CF A91 replica wing
  • CF door garnishes
  • Black Supra emblem
  • Red and black GR badge
  • CF Toyota badges
  • Black tinted DOT side reflectors
  • CF seat insert
To be installed:
  • JB4 Bluetooth (Unless I go with this femtoo send off. Kinda why I havenā€™t installed it yet, still debatingā€¦)
  • CF hood inserts
  • Lip kit (Not sure which one Iā€™m gonna go with yet, not yet purchased)

IMG_8812.jpeg

IMG_8813.jpeg

IMG_8814.jpeg

That's awesome. For a lip kit I would say Seibon. There are some fitment issues but IMO it's the best looking one. I didn't do any mods to mine other than aesthetics (lip, skirts, diffuser, wing, hood)

I'm actually in a similar boat but a the beginning stages. I have a 21 with oil consumption issues and they have ordered piston rings to be replaced. I wish they would replace the block as well or just put me in a new 23 with no issues...My car currently has 33k miles but it's CPO Warrantied. I'm the 2nd owner, and so far I've gotten the compressor replaced, rack and pinon steering replaced, Passenger front light fixture replaced, and now the piston rings
Sponsored