Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Hi All,

Hoping for some help! I have a difficult time getting good traction in 1st-3rd gear for the first couple seconds each time I accelerate. I've added some performance mods to the car that have made it more difficult to get grip.

My question: is it suitable to put new rear tires on the car with the front ones remaining the stock tires? Also, what is a good recommendation for rear tires on stock wheels? I did search other threads and didn't find an answer to this specific set of questions.

Thank you!!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
You can lower tire pressure if you are doing drags that should help but not for daily use. Its fine to change the rear tires while front unchanged. Depending on your power range and application, you will choose tires accordingly. I heard good things about Nitto NT555Rii. Mickey Thompson ET street tires or ET Street R are good also but wear out faster. The R888R are also a good option but noisy. You will also need to check tire sizes and what's available for your rim size

OP
OP

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Iā€™ll check out those tires. Am I correct in assuming that ā€œstickierā€ tires would help solve this issue? Iā€™m not knowledgeable in the tire world whatsoever.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Yes, sticker tires could help - however if the front does not have enough grip your car will understeer and push through the turns.

What modifications have you done?

OP
OP

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Nothing super crazy. AA catted DP and JB4
Sponsored