Nitro Yellow's biggest flaw...

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I hate how Nitro Yellow attracts every flying insect known to man, i swear i get a national geographic lesson on insects everytime i park my car at work.. i love the color, in my honest opinion, best color made to show off the body lines of the car, but does anyone have any solution for keeping bugs off the car? (besides saying leave my car in my garage... uhm, no, i like driving it too much for that.) i'm getting more concerned especially of these little gnats crawling through the cracks and into places they shouldn't be.. ie: the interior....

1440C500-D60A-41B2-8142-7DF0224AAB3E.jpeg
Sponsored

Supra CRNA

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR, 2006 Mitsu Lancer Evo 9 RS
lol I have the same problem. Lots of insects and Bee’s !!! Also, the minute I take off from home, bird shit seems to be attracted to the car as well!

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
It is normal to have bugs/flies/insects/... near a yellow car.
Yellow is a color of nature's nutrition.

Bugs Love Yellow

It sounds like an urban legend but it’s science fact: bugs are more attracted to yellow cars. The reason is simple: many flying bugs, like bees, can see the color yellow but can’t process many other colors. Unfortunately, the average bee can’t tell the difference between your lemon yellow Honda Fit and a delicious flower. Bugs in search of nectar will instead collide with your ride, resulting in a sticky mess. Skip yellow if you live in an especially bug-friendly region.
So it is not a flaw.... it's a feature :D

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Had the same problem on my yellow 370Z too. Summer times were the worst too.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I had the same issue with my yellow Ducati 1098. This was one of the reasons why I'd never own a yellow vehicle ever again.

IMG_8124_zpstcovlbig.jpg

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Get that thing ceramic coated and they’ll pressure wash right off with ease, brotha!

SunbirdGTO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1986 Mitsubishi Starion
I had a yellow 2004 GTO. The paint was named Yellow Jacket. Very appropriate as there was always bees around it. And road tar too. Loved the color though. Was considering yellow for my Supra but landed on Turbulence Gary. Only colors I considered.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
They brush right off. I don't worry about it. And when I am on the road, the bugs have a hard time keeping up.

noir1946

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2015 RAV4
My nitro yellow hasn't attracted any bugs yet here in Georgia. First yellow car I've ever had after 19 black, gray, and red ones. When my wife and I venture outside, we are swarmed by bees, wasps, flies, skeeters, and gnats. Guess Baby (our Supra's name) has just been lucky so far.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
My nitro yellow hasn't attracted any bugs yet here in Georgia. First yellow car I've ever had after 19 black, gray, and red ones. When my wife and I venture outside, we are swarmed by bees, wasps, flies, skeeters, and gnats. Guess Baby (our Supra's name) has just been lucky so far.
My daughter names all her cars, right off. I never have and she asks me why not. I can never seem to some up with a name. :^) My FJ cruiser is FJ. Very original. I used to have a 1972 Bronco, so my wife always calls it the Bronco. Go figure.
Sponsored