Nt555r2 305 or 285 stock rims?

Xannyy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Hey guys I know there’s couple other threads on this but they are so off topic and all over the place I just want simple answers on nt555r2 on rear stock 2021 rims , 305s or 285s? No track , street purposes, some digs, occasional drag strip, im set on those tires and stock rims, please don’t say others rims or other tires looking for specific answers from people with experience of this exact setup and their results , thx guys I know there are more threads on it but no one sticks to the topic and answers never come.
Sponsored

Supra_Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I called Titan months back about buying the 305s 555r2. The guy asked me what wheels I was mounting them on and I told him the stock wheels. He said they don’t recommend anything over 285 because it amuses the tire to ballon more and in theory not have any more tire-to-ground contact than a properly sized tire.

I ended up taking their advice and installed 285 nitto nt555r2 on my stock wheels.

can 305s fit the stock wheels? Yes.
Do people run them? Yes.
Is the extra 0.7” of width on the 305s worth it to me? Not really.

OP
OP
Xannyy

Xannyy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I called Titan months back about buying the 305s 555r2. The guy asked me what wheels I was mounting them on and I told him the stock wheels. He said they don’t recommend anything over 285 because it amuses the tire to ballon more and in theory not have any more tire-to-ground contact than a properly sized tire.

I ended up taking their advice and installed 285 nitto nt555r2 on my stock wheels.

can 305s fit the stock wheels? Yes.
Do people run them? Yes.
Is the extra 0.7” of width on the 305s worth it to me? Not really.
Awesome, so your happy with ur 285s? That’s the answers I’m looking for just experience with different sizes and reasoning on one being “better” for the current state I want to use the tire for, appreciate ur input sir

Supra_Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Awesome, so your happy with ur 285s? That’s the answers I’m looking for just experience with different sizes and reasoning on one being “better” for the current state I want to use the tire for, appreciate ur input sir
i like the tires but now that I’m on a fire tune, I can’t hook under 50mph even with the tires on 25psi. The car hooked well with the JB4 setup I had before (447whp).

OP
OP
Xannyy

Xannyy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
i like the tires but now that I’m on a fire tune, I can’t hook under 50mph even with the tires on 25psi. The car hooked well with the JB4 setup I had before (447whp).
Ya that’s my exact setup with the jb4 lol I got 295 pilot4s it’s a great tire for its purpose, I just want a gripper tire.. what tires u looking at now with ur power level ?

Supra_Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Ya that’s my exact setup with the jb4 lol I got 295 pilot4s it’s a great tire for its purpose, I just want a gripper tire.. what tires u looking at now with ur power level ?
I’m going to try MT street s/s next and compare to the nittos. I live in California and don’t drive the supra in the rain. I do slap on my Titan drag pack every now and then with the 305 MT Street Rs which hook amazing but not a practical daily tire obviously. Most when I go to the track or attend a roll event
Sponsored