Odd wireless CarPlay issue

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
This issue comes and goes for me, so obviously I’m doing something wrong. When I shut the car off and exit, my music starts to play out loud on my phone. Waze also stays open but that’s not a bother like the music. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong to have this issue? It stopped for about a month but today it’s back in action. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Waferz

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Well for anyone curious, I think I may have found the issue. It seems like if I leave Waze open on CarPlay, the music plays on my phone when the car is shut off and I exit. If I leave it on the music screen, it doesn’t happen.

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
The issue I am having with Waze, is that when it gave audio alerts, it only gave them through the phone, but now no audio despite being Carplay connected. Also, I did not want alerts for railroad crossing, so I muted that one, but since then, it seems to have decided I no lonner need any audio alerts, and I have gone through the setting, volume etc. The only other thing I changed, was the voice. I am wondering if that messed it up.

Last edited:

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
^^^This is happening to me also. The alerts show up on the CarPlay display on Waze but no audio. I am actively looking for a solution and will post here if I find one.
Sponsored