• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

OEM Disk Brake Caliper Piston Boots (Front & Rear)

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
I am getting my brake calipers powder coated. I removed and stripped them down to prepare them for guy. Pistons, seals and boots have been removed. The boots were a little tricky but seem in good shape. My car only has 4800 miles so all of the rubber is in good shape so I am tempted to re-use them. Any feedback on doing that?

I am having a hard time getting correct replacement boot and seal item numbers plus it is unclear whether they come in pairs or single - Supra online parts are not clear. Front pistion pairs are different sizes and the diagram only has one item number for the front boots which makes no sense. The rear seem to be 47737-WAA02)

Any suggestions as every freaking part for this car seems to be "Single use" :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wetherman

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Thanks Bryan. I am still struggling with the Front as there are 2 different size pistons - one ~40mm and the other ~44mm. The respective seals and boots are different sizes. If one item # (BMW or Toyota) get you both sizes then that will work. If it doesn't I am still stuck. The picture below are the 2 different pistons and boot/seals. Larger on the left, smaller on the right

I apologize if I am missing something stupid. There has to be different numbers or maybe there is one number for a "kit" that includes all sizes?

IMG_4311.JPG

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Thanks Bryan. I am still struggling with the Front as there are 2 different size pistons - one ~40mm and the other ~44mm. The respective seals and boots are different sizes. If one item # (BMW or Toyota) get you both sizes then that will work. If it doesn't I am still stuck. The picture below are the 2 different pistons and boot/seals. Larger on the left, smaller on the right

I apologize if I am missing something stupid. There has to be different numbers or maybe there is one number for a "kit" that includes all sizes?

IMG_4311.JPG
Ahhh. I thought you where just looking for the dust boots!

I'll do some more digging once I get some time.

OP
OP
Wetherman

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Thanks guys. I will check with Centric. And the seals I think I will re-use but the dust boots are different sizes for the front calipers. In my efforts in researching at Toyota I did learn teh 2.0 supra has different brakes and apparently there was an unfinished or "silver" caliper sold with the car as the parts sometimes indicated "red painted" in the decription. Caught between BMW and Toyota and maybe Brembo for the fronts - ugh.

Thanks again.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I searched and searched and search and couldn't find anything for the seals and stuff. I reused my old seals and dust boots. I have brakes, but they are not as good as before. I've just been too lazy to take everything apart again and see if I nicked a seal or something and that's causing air to get in the system or something. Nothing is leaking. no air bubbles come out any calipers, 2 different shops and I have cycled the abs solenoid, no one has any clue what's going on. Dealership has replaced the master cylinder and abs unit. Still the same. (luckily, they did that under warranty, some shops are mod friendly) Again i have brakes but they are nowhere near OEM feeling, i still gone out to track days and stuff. But somewhere in the system there is air, you can pump it up and it will be nice and firm, release and then press again and it will slowly leak down a little.

Too add to the other issues I ran into when I decided to do the calipers, the rear left stud was stripped, seems the previous owner had work done and they stripped the hub, welded in the studs, so I had to grind the welds off both rear hubs, buy a 1.25 to 1.5 so I don't have to worry about stripped studs again, and buy a new hub. All in all, I think I have like $2500 into powder coating calipers that supposed to have cost $400 for the PC and then another $100 or so for brake fluid hahaha, I've flushed easy $300 in Motul through this lol. At this point I'm just using cheap dot4 prestone until we figure out the problem.

*** i do believe my issue came from being to excited and test fitting a caliper and wheel on using some titanium bleeder screws, seems i really have to torque them down to keep from leaking and when i went out the next morning with the car still in the air, all the brake fluid leaked out the front right wheel. Of course who knows though. maybe i have a seal bad or something.

1670354334979.png

OP
OP
Wetherman

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Centric has nothing for MKV Supra - said it is "too new of a car and I don't understand the parts industry"? Wtf? Whatever. I will push the dealer again.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Thanks guys. I will check with Centric. And the seals I think I will re-use but the dust boots are different sizes for the front calipers. In my efforts in researching at Toyota I did learn teh 2.0 supra has different brakes and apparently there was an unfinished or "silver" caliper sold with the car as the parts sometimes indicated "red painted" in the decription. Caught between BMW and Toyota and maybe Brembo for the fronts - ugh.

Thanks again.
The non premium 3.0 have the exact same front calipers, just not painted (silver)

The BMW M sport cars without the M Motorsports package have the exact same front brakes (minus the calipers being blue instead). M340i, Z4 M40i, etc

If they have 374mm front rotors, that is the M Motorsports package S33TA and NOT the same as the Supra. If they have the 348mm front rotors (M Sport S2NHA) then it is the same as the Supra.

OP
OP
Wetherman

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Still gonna say thank you, Bryan!! Don't know how you found them but MUCh appreciated! Love this SupraMKV group almost as much as I love my car!!

OP
OP
Wetherman

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Any tricks to get these new dust boots on? They have an embedded steel ring that is extremely tight on the caliper casting. I tried sliding them to the end of the piston (as on the internet) but they are still too tight to go on evenly. any feedback would be appreciated as I don't want to tear the new boot - I am working on the rears right now.
Sponsored