OEM seat vs Bucket seat weight loss

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I was taking my seats out for a rollbar install and decided to do some weighing to see how much a proper bucket seat saves us.

• OEM Drivers seat: 55.4lbs
  • Sparco Evo with Brey-Krause side mounts, Brey-Krause six point bar (attaches to BK Side mounts), OEM belt buckle, and Schroth six point harness: 29.4lbs
  • Macht Schnell floor mounts, didn't take them out but shipping weight tells me they are around 3.5lbs
  • Total weight savings: 22.5lbs
Obviously you would save more weight without the six point harness and proper underseat mount but what's the point.

IMG_0751.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

IMG_0853.jpeg
Sponsored

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
Brey-Krause side mounts, Brey-Krause six point bar (attaches to BK Side mounts), OEM belt buckle

Did you happen to take more pics on this?
And where did you get them?
I dont seem to find them on their website?

Kevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Poopra, 95 240s(u)x, 91 240s(u)x, 01 Cherocrap
Does that give any head clearance compared to stock setup?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Does that give any head clearance compared to stock setup?
Great question! And less head jacked forward like the stock seats?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Real race seats are designed for the helmet. Head position is so much better. I am 6,2” and my seat is in a low hole on the rails. I still have broom stick room above helmet

recently removed head liner so even top mount air connection should work now

Kevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you for the replies, I am 6'4" on stock seats and looking to get some seats next after fixing a couple issues the track brought out in my car.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Thank you for the replies, I am 6'4" on stock seats and looking to get some seats next after fixing a couple issues the track brought out in my car.
Off topic what issues?

Kevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Off topic what issues?
I've been having a diff issue where under load on fast corners where the track can have some bumps and inconsistencies the car would go into limp mode with a diff code, I could mediate it with turning off all the traction controls and shifting manually. On hot days I would have overheating issues and my brake pedals would fade around the second hard lap and I would loose half the pedal. The biggest was I was chunking the outside front tires quiet a bit. I was running a stock car this past season so just invested some cash into coilovers and square setup etc and changing some things around to deal with all that.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I've been having a diff issue where under load on fast corners where the track can have some bumps and inconsistencies the car would go into limp mode with a diff code, I could mediate it with turning off all the traction controls and shifting manually.

** diff is pretty stout and on point. Have only had a diff limp error once when I was really skidding around too much. Diff cooling plate, check/chnge fluid

On hot days I would have overheating

*** in the south stock set up will pull timing and power on the hot days. Upgraded manifold is only answer. Never had a true over heat.

issues and my brake pedals would fade around the second hard lap and I would loose half the pedal.

**** absolutely have to upgrade fluid and pads if you track even at novice level.

The biggest was I was chunking the outside front tires quiet a bit.

***** add camber. Check pressure make sure side wall is not rolling over

I was running a stock car this past season so just invested some cash into coilovers and square setup etc and changing some things around to deal with all that.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I've been having a diff issue where under load on fast corners where the track can have some bumps and inconsistencies the car would go into limp mode with a diff code, I could mediate it with turning off all the traction controls and shifting manually. On hot days I would have overheating issues and my brake pedals would fade around the second hard lap and I would loose half the pedal. The biggest was I was chunking the outside front tires quiet a bit. I was running a stock car this past season so just invested some cash into coilovers and square setup etc and changing some things around to deal with all that.
Ditto what Rock said. Drive in manual mode, turn the traction control garbage off, buy track pads, change your DOT4 brake fluid often. You can keep the stock springs or get coilovers. Sound like you’re on the right track!

Last edited:

Kevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry for the late reply, so update after having a couple track sessions on new setup. I run all aids off and manual, UMC has been cold lately with one day being rescheduled due to snow. So far the car is a new animal. I am currently running around -3.5 camber on front but the wear on the outside of my tread of my tires is making me suspect I do not have enough currently for the tighter layout of the track. Changing to dtc pads and new fluid was a life send so far on my brakes but when it warms up is when i really want to concentrate on how they feel.
Sponsored