Official NC Owners Thread

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Any recent CLT area dealer service feedback? I bent a LCA at CMP and figured I'd use that as excuse to finally get the recall done. A buddy referred me to a lead tech at Town and Country so I reached out for an intro before scheduling the service. Well... Homie tells me (without seeing the car) that I should expect the repair to be a minimum of $2-3k because they have to program this, calibrate that, etc... WTF!? It's literally a $120 part and maybe an hour or so of labor. So scratch that. I got the impression they will do anything to avoid having to touch these cars.

I ordered SPL arms as a forced upgrade and installing hopefully tomorrow. My only concern now is if I can't clear the chassis and diff codes myself. I assume they're because the level sensor on the LCA is out of wack due to the bend.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Had the recall done at Hendrick Concord and they were fine. 30k service at Scott Clark was fine too, they wouldn’t do the recall though because I forgot to clear the CEL for downpipe and the JB4 was still plugged in. I think they would have been fine too but I didn’t fo my homework first. 😁

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback^^ Someone else recommended Concord but that's a hike from Waxhaw. A buddy with a 4-Runner didn't have much good to say about Scott Clark...

Anyhey...

Potential dealer visit crisis averted...! Yesterday I installed the SPL arms and realigned. My buddy's scanner wouldn't even connect to the car to clear the codes so pulled the negative terminal. All of the codes (like 10 - chassis, diff, parking assist, etc..) all came back. BUT..... After a few miles of driving they worked themselves out and cleared on their own. I reconfirmed this morning on a cold start - no errors/codes and everything works like it should. :beer:

GTR_Nate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Eclipse GSX, Evo RS, Evo X MR, R35 GTR, A90 Supra
Hey everyone, I relocated to Ruffin, NC last fall from the Detroit, Michigan area. I've seen 2 MKV's recently in my neck of the woods near Eden and Reidsville, anyone know if they are on here? One was red with a Red Sox front plate, the other was grey.

IMG_20220715_201508497_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220715_201540535_HDR.jpg

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey everyone, I relocated to Ruffin, NC last fall from the Detroit, Michigan area. I've seen 2 MKV's recently in my neck of the woods near Eden and Reidsville, anyone know if they are on here? One was red with a Red Sox front plate, the other was grey.

IMG_20220715_201508497_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220715_201540535_HDR.jpg
Nice Evo as well! Love the wheels on the supra! Welcome to NC, i relocated to Charlotte from MN about 6 years ago myself.

GTR_Nate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Eclipse GSX, Evo RS, Evo X MR, R35 GTR, A90 Supra
Nice Evo as well! Love the wheels on the supra! Welcome to NC, i relocated to Charlotte from MN about 6 years ago myself.

Thx! This is actually my 2nd time living in NC, I was in Greensboro for 6.5 years in the past. Here's a pic of my evo's and other cars, the X is my daily, 8 is built.

IMG_20211203_170312_864.jpg

Last edited:

PotatoMafia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Thanks for the feedback^^ Someone else recommended Concord but that's a hike from Waxhaw. A buddy with a 4-Runner didn't have much good to say about Scott Clark...

Anyhey...

Potential dealer visit crisis averted...! Yesterday I installed the SPL arms and realigned. My buddy's scanner wouldn't even connect to the car to clear the codes so pulled the negative terminal. All of the codes (like 10 - chassis, diff, parking assist, etc..) all came back. BUT..... After a few miles of driving they worked themselves out and cleared on their own. I reconfirmed this morning on a cold start - no errors/codes and everything works like it should. :beer:
ive had a pretty good time at scott clark, i had an axel issue, i brought my car to them with coilovers, meth, catless, transmission tune, and all the other standard stuff and they still replaced it under warranty, and gave me a rental free of charnge. Ask for Ryan D, hes a pretty cool guy.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ive had a pretty good time at scott clark, i had an axel issue, i brought my car to them with coilovers, meth, catless, transmission tune, and all the other standard stuff and they still replaced it under warranty, and gave me a rental free of charnge. Ask for Ryan D, hes a pretty cool guy.

Nice! Thanks for the feedback; gives me some hope. The disparity in experience there seems to be broad.. 😕

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thx! This is actually my 2nd time living in NC, I was in Greensboro for 6.5 years in the past. Here's a pic of my evo's and other cars, the X is my daily, 8 is built.

Welcome -- nice line up!

Built EVO gang!

1659732546394.jpeg

2.3L, HTA3586R, Shep/PPG dogbox, and on and on... Going up for sale soon, though..

PotatoMafia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Nice! Thanks for the feedback; gives me some hope. The disparity in experience there seems to be broad.. 😕
Any service experience is pretty much down to who ya get as your service advisor imo, some times it may be good, sometimes you get a karen.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gotta say, red contrast on white is sick!

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

IMG_20211203_170312_864.jpg
Damn! Nice lineup! I could only dream! 🤣