Officially ordered my A91 edition

CrashNburn

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Not really A91 related. I placed an order on a 3.0 premium a few weeks ago and I was told that it would arrive mid October. Fortunately I'm cool with finance director at my Local Toyota so he tries to keep in the loop as much as possible. a week later I was told it was at the port in Long Beach and should arrive within 3-5 days. that was two weeks ago and the status on my car still says quality confirmation hold. I spoke with him today and he said they tried to reach out to get more info as to why the hold is on my car and were told that they can't give a reason why. anyone have an idea on what it could be. ?
Side note received a text from a sales guy today that said they just received an A91 in Refraction blue as much I want to pull the trigger and get it they have people offering 5k over sticker so there is no way I can get it.

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Just got a email saying my A91 should be here 10/19 - 10/26 I am located in Arizona
Congrats! You are one of the lucky ones! Can you confirm if it is with or without the spoiler? What dealer in AZ? I work for a dealer and if you want to PM me with your vin, I can update you with status and info if anything changes.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I was told it was at the port in Long Beach and should arrive within 3-5 days. that was two weeks ago and the status on my car still says quality confirmation hold. I spoke with him today and he said they tried to reach out to get more info as to why the hold is on my car and were told that they can't give a reason why. anyone have an idea on what it could be. ?
well thats weird. Im pretty sure our quality hold was from the spoiler shortage/quality control. considering a 3.0 doesnt have a spoiler option I have no idea why there would be a hold. If I had to guess they gave it an arbitrary reason and is caused by the ports being really backed up.
just a guess tho.

Edit: now that i think about it my local dealer also mentioned a week ago that all 2021 GR supras were on hold, not just the a91.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Not really A91 related. I placed an order on a 3.0 premium a few weeks ago and I was told that it would arrive mid October. Fortunately I'm cool with finance director at my Local Toyota so he tries to keep in the loop as much as possible. a week later I was told it was at the port in Long Beach and should arrive within 3-5 days. that was two weeks ago and the status on my car still says quality confirmation hold. I spoke with him today and he said they tried to reach out to get more info as to why the hold is on my car and were told that they can't give a reason why. anyone have an idea on what it could be. ?
Side note received a text from a sales guy today that said they just received an A91 in Refraction blue as much I want to pull the trigger and get it they have people offering 5k over sticker so there is no way I can get it.
well thats weird. Im pretty sure our quality hold was from the spoiler shortage/quality control. considering a 3.0 doesnt have a spoiler option I have no idea why there would be a hold. If I had to guess they gave it an arbitrary reason and is caused by the ports being really backed up.
just a guess tho.

Edit: now that i think about it my local dealer also mentioned a week ago that all 2021 GR supras were on hold, not just the a91.
It's a head unit reprogram and a headlight recall. Has nothing to do with the spoilers. All Supra's are subject to the quality control hold.

CrashNburn

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
just a guess tho.

I thought the same thing if they came with a wing it would
just a guess tho.

I thought the same thing if they came with a wing it would make sense for it having a hold I'm curious to why there is a hold on the 3.0's. I'm just hoping it shows up before we get snow here in Utah. I'm trying to drive it before I have to store it for the winter.

zepraa91

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra a91
Alright sorry that I posted earlier saying I'm giving up on the a91. I went into to my dealer to get my deposit back BUT they said my car is arriving in 3 weeks so I didn't end up cancelling lol. To every one that said "just wait because you'd love this blue" screw you all... I ordered a black one LOL. Why didn't I go for the blue? I love the murdered out look from the factory. Plus I have CF lipkit and CF seibon wing ready to be installed. Only reason why I went for the black. CF looks the best on a black car.

DrBoostA91

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 2005 Dodge SRT-4 2021 Toyota Supra A91 (Ordered)
Congrats! You are one of the lucky ones! Can you confirm if it is with or without the spoiler? What dealer in AZ? I work for a dealer and if you want to PM me with your vin, I can update you with status and info if anything changes.
I am not 100% if it has the spoiler or not. I told the dealership I was willing to take it without the spoiler so I could get it faster but never got anything back. I'll let you know once it arrives. Precision Toyota is where I ordered it from, if I don't get it by 10/26 then ill PM you the vin, I appreciate it

A91DAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1997 Toyota Supra, 1998 Toyota Supra (sold), 2021 Toyota Supra A91 (ordered)
Just got a email saying my A91 should be here 10/19 - 10/26 I am located in Arizona
Hopefully this means that we will start seeing these on the west coast. Still waiting on mine and the dealer can't provide any update other than the vessel arrived awhile back and the vehicle is on hold.

Kyuen16

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
Just picked up my baby last night! we Told the dealership don’t wash her because if they were to, I would have to wait till today to pick her up, on top of I know I would do a much better job cleaning her. I’ll be posting pics after we wash her :p

Also, when I arrived someone who bought a 2020 silver edition saw my car pull in to the dealership while he was getting his car serviced. And he was trying to convince the dealership to sell him the car by paying 10k more than what I was paying. I’m extremely happy the dealership told them it’s already sold. So then he proceeded to wait at the dealership until I arrived to offer me 10K to trade for his Supra. I didn’t have to think for a second and said no because I have been following this car since it showed up in the database and all of theses delays have been killing me inside, plus this car is definitely going to be worth more in the future over the older models:headbang:

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hadn't mentioned it before, but the truck driver dropping my car off smacked the door against the trailer while unloading it :mad:
Dealership immediately ordered the replacement part and had it painted (I took the car to the paint shop to have it matched perfectly) and today the part was installed. Came out perfect and my baby is finally 100%.
Now it's just waiting on the spoiler.
20201003_122823.jpg
20201015_105844.jpg

vonKarma

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Bay Area Currently but Born & Raised Las Vegas
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Supra, 07' BMW Z4 Coupe
I hadn't mentioned it before, but the truck driver dropping my car off smacked the door against the trailer while unloading it :mad:
Holy shittttt. I was hearing how a dealer in Utah got their 91 refraction with the wheel all banged up from the trailer getting it smacked between the port and dealership. Yikes.
Glad they got you all fixed up! Can’t even tell it ever had issues now!

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Holy shittttt. I was hearing how a dealer in Utah got their 91 refraction with the wheel all banged up from the trailer getting it smacked between the port and dealership. Yikes.
Glad they got you all fixed up! Can’t even tell it ever had issues now!
Nope, it's perfect.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
A huge thanks and shoutout to @A91Refraction for checking on my car! Current ETA shows 10/23 for dealer arrival. This wait has been killing me and cannot wait to pick up my car. I have been w/o a Supra for the last 4months and been having withdrawals lol. Got springs, spacers and a downpipe ready to be installed right away

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A huge thanks and shoutout to @A91Refraction for checking on my car! Current ETA shows 10/23 for dealer arrival. This wait has been killing me and cannot wait to pick up my car. I have been w/o a Supra for the last 4months and been having withdrawals lol. Got springs, spacers and a downpipe ready to be installed right away
You might want to wait on that downpipe till they can unlock the ECU.