Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I am glad you are enjoying the car! You have more miles on her than I have on mine! I have been gradually getting more and more into the throttle after the 300 mile mark and it is a blast. Coming from an 850+whp Mkiv Supra, it still makes me smile.
I got a few really nice 5 to 100 mph WOT pulls today coming out of rest areas and on ramps lol. This thing is incredible. The instant torque is just amazing. I know now why it doesn't have a manual, you can't keep up with the damn thing! Every 2 seconds you're pulling the pedal for another gear lol. This is without a doubt the most fun car I've driven. I can't wait for Black Friday deals and buy a catback lol.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Hello everyone. I'm new here.

When I was purchasing this car at the dealership they did not even attempt to mention that the spoiler was missing from the car. It wasn't until way into the conversation that I brought it up that they finally confessed to what was happening. They even confessed to letting another customer walk out with their A91 without telling them about the spoiler.

Now my other issue is... I already paid for the spoiler and had it included in my contract as to what the dealership owes me. The car is supposed to come standard with the spoiler, but now they said once it comes in that I'll have to pay for the installation. That doesn't seem right to me. Am I being too picky here? Or should I tell the dealership that they should do the installation for free?

Also, if they fail to honor their end of the contract, do I have any legal actions that I can take?

I'm loving the car so far, but dealing with the dealership has been a headache.

I had the car get paint correction and a ceramic coat along with a 40% ceramic tint. I haven't driven it too much yet since I'm waiting on the spoiler. I wish I wasn't so OCD about it.
50438161788_7daebd2c4e_k.jpg

50438161753_46cd344cb4_h.jpg

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Hello everyone. I'm new here.

When I was purchasing this car at the dealership they did not even attempt to mention that the spoiler was missing from the car. It wasn't until way into the conversation that I brought it up that they finally confessed to what was happening. They even confessed to letting another customer walk out with their A91 without telling them about the spoiler.

Now my other issue is... I already paid for the spoiler and had it included in my contract as to what the dealership owes me. The car is supposed to come standard with the spoiler, but now they said once it comes in that I'll have to pay for the installation. That doesn't seem right to me. Am I being too picky here? Or should I tell the dealership that they should do the installation for free?

Also, if they fail to honor their end of the contract, do I have any legal actions that I can take?

I'm loving the car so far, but dealing with the dealership has been a headache.

I had the car get paint correction and a ceramic coat along with a 40% ceramic tint. I haven't driven it too much yet since I'm waiting on the spoiler. I wish I wasn't so OCD about it.
50438161788_7daebd2c4e_k.jpg

50438161753_46cd344cb4_h.jpg
Looks great!

In most other cases where people took delivery without spoiler they were given a $1195 discount (rather, it moved to being an option for $1195 that wasn't selected for the car). That way when they did come in, the buyer could just pay that and have it installed. Some pre-negotiated the install should be free, but I don't think that's universal.

Your case seems different because you still paid for it up front, which most others didn't have to, and the dealer said they will charge for install too. So they got a nice little $1195 loan out of you!

You're getting a worse deal than most have, but not as shady as some of the dealers that tried to pocket some of the spoiler cost. You probably could/should demand install be included in the cost you already paid. Why should you pay more because of their supply chain issue? Or go back and just get the $1195 cash and decide later what to do with it. No one knows when the spoilers will be available (though it looks like 1-2mo), and there are lots of (arguably better) aftermarket options.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Looks great!

In most other cases where people took delivery without spoiler they were given a $1195 discount (rather, it moved to being an option for $1195 that wasn't selected for the car). That way when they did come in, the buyer could just pay that and have it installed. Some pre-negotiated the install should be free, but I don't think that's universal.

Your case seems different because you still paid for it up front, which most others didn't have to, and the dealer said they will charge for install too. So they got a nice little $1195 loan out of you!

You're getting a worse deal than most have, but not as shady as some of the dealers that tried to pocket some of the spoiler cost. You probably could/should demand install be included in the cost you already paid. Why should you pay more because of their supply chain issue? Or go back and just get the $1195 cash and decide later what to do with it. No one knows when the spoilers will be available (though it looks like 1-2mo), and there are lots of (arguably better) aftermarket options.
Thanks for the response. I'll probably go with the OEM spoiler since I want to try and keep this stock. They are definitely profiting from a supply chain issue and I will bring that up when I discuss not paying for the installation. They made no attempt to tell me before hand about the missing spoiler. The car is advertised as having the spoiler as standard. You don't pay for the installation of an item that comes standard on a car.

Another question I have is how is the spoiler mounted on the car? I don't really see any mounting points on the underside of the hatch. Does it just rely on 3M tape to hold it in place? I apologize if this has already been answered here.

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
Thanks for the response. I'll probably go with the OEM spoiler since I want to try and keep this stock. They are definitely profiting from a supply chain issue and I will bring that up when I discuss not paying for the installation. They made no attempt to tell me before hand about the missing spoiler. The car is advertised as having the spoiler as standard. You don't pay for the installation of an item that comes standard on a car.

Another question I have is how is the spoiler mounted on the car? I don't really see any mounting points on the underside of the hatch. Does it just rely on 3M tape to hold it in place? I apologize if this has already been answered here.
1DC00182-1490-4D76-8A12-975074625379.jpeg

Looks like Toyota will come out later with a solution for us that took the car without a spoiler, im guessing they will cover the installation. as for the spoiler, the concensus is that it has to be drilled into the trunk.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

No it requires drilling. The prices were adjusted if it came without the spoiler. And installation will be free since it's an option that should've come pre installed at port. If the dealer is being shady, either go to another, or call headquarters and start complaining. But they can't, or shouldn't have, made you prepay for it. Look good at your paperwork. Or copy it and post it so we can help.

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
300+ mile road trip today. One of my dogs was showing at the other side of the state, and it was a beautiful day, so we took the Supra. All I can say..... I LOVE THIS THING! Sport mode the whole way, of course, averaged around 20 MPG and it was mostly highway speeds. On and off ramps were taken properly ;) at full tilt. When the exhaust is good and hot and you downshift from 3500 RPM or so, the crackles are awesome lol with a random gunshot. I used the trip to get everything broken in nicely. Cruising moments followed by hard runs onto interstates and then letting everything settle again. Off ramps I downshift early and used lots of engine braking to slow the car. When you cruise around 2800 RPM or so and punch it, it's just fantastic. I adore this thing. We're sitting at 530 miles currently lol.
I'm with ya! We did about 350 miles in it yesterday, so much fun! On a backroad I had to overtake a camper that was going way too slow, before I knew it I was over 100 passing him! This thing puts a smile on my face every time I drive it!

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As far as the wind buffeting, I was doing 50+ today with both windows down and nothing. No more than any other sportscar I've owned. Maybe they addressed it in the '21. Was fine for me.

Kyuen16

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
As far as the wind buffeting, I was doing 50+ today with both windows down and nothing. No more than any other sportscar I've owned. Maybe they addressed it in the '21. Was fine for me.
Thank you so much for the info! I was considering buying the wind buffeters early to avoid that

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Thank you so much for the info! I was considering buying the wind buffeters early to avoid that
Drive the car first, as far as I'm aware they haven't fixed the buffeting issue with the 2021

You would have thought it would have been easy enough for the factory to address it, its a well known much publicised issue

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I saw there mentioned somewhere made by EVS
no chance i will be putting that thing on my car lololol

i ended up buying the door guards from amazon as a temporary fix because i wasnt quite sure if the wind buffeting was going to be fixed for 2021. still dont have the car tho. as of now should be here in a couple days :D