Officially ordered my A91 edition

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Is it September 14th yet?!?!?! The wait feels so long lol.
It doesn't help I am watching these videos since it's basically our refraction colorway without the little extra CF goodies and b pillar stripes.. in Japan it's called "Horizon Blue"
That actually appears to be different. More like the special blue they put on the Tacoma and 4Runners. Looks less metallic or possibly not at all metallic.

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
That's a bizarre article, wonder if an algorithm wrote it, just smashing together two popular searches without any sense. However, first new a91 pics I've seen in a while, and really good ones!

Also, after staring at those pics for a while, the wheels seem off. Graphite seems the best match, while silver or bronze more of a statement. Black looks a little odd. An inch bigger would fit nicely, and it needs spacers or more offset, maybe a bit lower too, but perhaps that's fixed with diameter. Opinion, of course.

Last edited:

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda RX8, 2021 Toyota Supra (ordered)
Prob west coast boat
Gotcha. Hopeful they start moving the cars soon for people. Feels like people are going to be talking MY2022 before the MY21 cars actually really start to see driving.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Been a lurker here since before the a90 was released and finally decided to make an account after submitting a deposit on a refraction blue at MSRP today! Received a vin and is supposed to port sept 14.

Immediate plans for the car: PPF all around, ceramic window tint, hardwire dash cam and radar detector, bimmercode, potentially a subwoofer upgrade (I hear the 2021 speakers sound way better), and definitely a wind deflector for the buffeting.

Average markup IME for the refraction blue was 5k-10k which may or may not include dealer add-ons. Mostly 5k tho. A couple dealers even claimed to have deposits already on black A91s at 10k over MSRP. Big yikes if true.

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda RX8, 2021 Toyota Supra (ordered)
Would hope that these dealers would learn from their mistakes last year. People still have LEs they can't sell.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Gotcha. Hopeful they start moving the cars soon for people. Feels like people are going to be talking MY2022 before the MY21 cars actually really start to see driving.
Or maybe they'll announce a new 500+ hp w/ manual trans before the year end :rofl:

Can't wait to see '21 in the new blue color though. Hopefully someone local snags one so it's not insta only.

paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R33 GTR
Hmm. So seem the vinyl stripes, wing, and CF mirrors port-installed accessories..and the car comes over as a Horizon blue spec Supra?

Someone posted on FB. from JaxPort. I bet we've been waiting on the NY ones because they wanna ship them all out at the same time.

dVPN57a.png

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Hmm. So seem the vinyl stripes, wing, and CF mirrors port-installed accessories..and the car comes over as a Horizon blue spec Supra?
I believe it was said that they do often install certain things at port, and also look over for shipping repairs that are required. Not overtly familiar with process.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yes. It would also specify what was installed at the factory or at the port under vehicle specification in your owners account.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Makes a little more since why they take longer though, basically a huge batch that require spoiler and vinyl install.