DaBritish

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord 2.0T and 2020 Supra 3.0 Prem
Hi Everyone,

Just ordered the A91 edition and have been told to expect in late November. I stumbled across the site, looking for in person photos of the refraction blue. The cars looks great, but I noticed the satin black carbon fiber duckbill spoiler that is detailed on the main Toyota site for the A91, does not seem to be present on any of the photos other owners have shared. My apologies if I have missed it in an earlier post, but is there a reason for the omission?

Thank you!

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
Hi Everyone,

Just ordered the A91 edition and have been told to expect in late November. I stumbled across the site, looking for in person photos of the refraction blue. The cars looks great, but I noticed the satin black carbon fiber duckbill spoiler that is detailed on the main Toyota site for the A91, does not seem to be present on any of the photos other owners have shared. My apologies if I have missed it in an earlier post, but is there a reason for the omission?

Thank you!
manufacturing issues due to covid so buyers had the option to receive the car early without the spoiler at a discount. did they give you a reason why for such a late date in november?

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Hi Everyone,

Thank you!
I will be simple. it's back ordered. detail is in somewhere around page 20~ 30 of this thread.

DaBritish

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you both for the prompt responses. Hmm, my dealership did not mention the back order of the spoiler, as such I was not given a discount. If it arrives without one, well I will have grounds. I will be in touch with them tomorrow to discuss. I am completely new to having to "order" a car from the manufacturer to be build, as such I had no baseline to weigh the delivery date against. They did advise me that there has been delays at the port, as such the no later than late November date was given. I am not one for being patient, so I am sure, like others before me, the waiting will really suck.

Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know if the a91 / MY21s have shock and tilt alarms pre-installed as part of the oem alarm system? I ask, as my current place does not have a garage, so I will be parking it in a secured lot with just a weather car cover (made for the Supra), but still a little hesitant considering how flashy the Supra looks (regardless of paint color).

My thanks in advance!

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
It looks like a lot of dealers dont really know anything of the a91. Pretty sure most dealers I talked to didnt even know it was a thing until I talked to them.

There is a shortage on the spoilers so that is probably the reason for the delay. the only weird thing is that the spoiler is now an option rather than standard while also reducing the price considering the fact. its on their website and personally you should pay no higher than the price stated on their website + taxes and non dealer markup fees.

My car is supposed to be porting in California tomorrow and just talked to my dealer and he still says the spoiler will be installed upon delivery. So maybe there is hope the shortage isn't as bad as it was perceived to be. Ordered about 3-4 weeks ago and the car itself is a july build.

the story they gave me is a while back toyota reached out to the dealers asking if they wanted the cars with or without the spoilers because of the manufacturing constraints. But on my dealer's end, apparently it didnt change the estimated delivery date so they opted for the spoiler.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
on a side note. does anyone know how many of each color the a91 will come in? I was thinking it was going to be 500 each but considering the black was significantly easier to find im guessing thats not the case.

DaBritish

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fellas, that refraction blue is looking sharp. Not sure why someone would pay a premium to order the nocturnal, when the black decal would be hard to see. I guess, at least you have blacked out wheels too, which make the car fully murdered out. I guess it is a trade off, as on the cheaper 3.0 Premium in Nocturnal, you would keep the HUD. For me at least, it really is all about the blue, shame they are not making more.

Yes, my dealer was trying to push a black one on me, saying I would get it much sooner, but insisted on charging the same price as refraction (MSRP).

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Dealer sent me an email, said they are being held for a head unit reflash. No idea how long.

DaaS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, Lotus
I don't post much here, but I wanted to provide some fresh high-res images to those who are currently waiting to take delivery of their A91. Feel free to read my experience so far, or just skip right to the pictures!

I took delivery of my 2021 Supra last Friday and drove home about 2 hours. Bugs were not so nice to the front-end, so next morning the Supra got a hand wash. I could tell that there was no paint protection at all, but I did not want to apply a paint sealant without decontaminating the paint first, since the vehicle sat at the port for about a month. After the initial wash, I clayed the entire vehicle. The clay bar did get dirty, but it wasn't too bad. I also noticed some left over adhesive on the hood and near the door handles from the white transportation wrap. This was easily removed by hand using a cleaner wax and a microfiber towel. Next, I applied some glaze and then a sealant to the exterior paint. I attacked the wheels next. The inside of all 4 wheels was dirtier than expected. This was likely because of the time the car spent outside at the port under the rain. Some elbow grease, a dirty towel and a half bottle of QD later, the inside of the wheels were much cleaner.

Driving home, the car felt great. I have a F80 M3 with competition pack and I can feel the BMW driving experience in the Supra (that's a good thing for me). The suspension in the Supra is more compliant than the M3 with 20" stock wheels. Body roll seems to be similar, but the lower center of gravity in the Supra gives it a more planted and sporty feeling. Steering was not numb or too light for my taste. I recently owned a BRZ with performance pack. It is unfair to compare it to the Supra. The BRZ is noticeably lighter, cheaper feeling, but more raw. Supra is on a different level and feels much more sophisticated.

I had no issues with the battery in the Supra, but I do have a CTEK battery tender that will go on the car for a few days. I did confirm that we have a AGM battery, not Lithium.

Lastly, everyone from age range 4-70 years has loved the Refraction Blue color. Most cell phone cameras have a hard time capturing the color, but it is beautiful. This is the first time I have purchased a blue car and there are zero regrets. I am confident that once you get your car, you will love it too!

RB_2021Supra-1.jpg

RB_2021Supra-2.jpg

RB_2021Supra-3.jpg

RB_2021Supra-4.jpg

RB_2021Supra-10.jpg

RB_2021Supra-9.jpg

RB_2021Supra-8.jpg

RB_2021Supra-7.jpg

RB_2021Supra-6.jpg

RB_2021Supra-5.jpg

Last edited: