Officially ordered my A91 edition

e_miller81

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1997 Eclipse GSX
I still haven’t seen a picture of a black A91. Would love to see a picture of one. I think it will look really good.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I still haven’t seen a picture of a black A91. Would love to see a picture of one. I think it will look really good.
honestly same here. If it had the spoiler the black would have been a great choice. Regardless it has that murdered out batman look which always looks gorgeous with curvaceous cars like the supro imo. If my sale went through I was totally going to get a premium black and get all the mods that make it look like the a91 minus the vinyl stripes. To me, someone putting those on a non-a91 is the same thing as someone replacing their non m model bmw with m model badges.

DaaS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, Lotus
All about the blue ones here... Any other losers me that ordered a black a91? Not gonna lie... I felt pretty bummed out when I found out we get no HUD. Could have chosen a fully loaded black premium for less the money I know...i only chose the black one because I loved the mudered out look from the factory. I didn't find the blue very attractive imo. Hang in there black 91 owners... Don't let the others bring you down:bat:
For what it's worth, the first Supra I saw and test drove was a 2020 premium in Nocturnal Black. It looked amazing and that's the car that made me decide on ordering the Supra. Nocturnal black is metallic (I think it's the same as BMW's Sapphire Black metallic). When cleaned up properly, it looks so much better in person than the pictures posted on the internet. All the best.

DaBritish

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord 2.0T and 2020 Supra 3.0 Prem
So, I have an update. Turns out some of the users that responded to my earlier post (you know who you are - my thanks again), informing me that the A91s are being shipped without the spoiler and that are actually being sold at a slight discount due to the omission...well, they are totally correct. I challenged my dealership on this point, as they were so adamant that it comes with everything on the picture, but turns out, yes, there is no spoiler. Further more, the $500 discount they provided, was actually due to the spoiler not being included.

Ok, the update. With my original blue A91 order taking up to November, my dealership called me (knowing I hate waiting), they they could get a black A91 within two weeks. It is certainly a less flashy color and you are paying more to get a color that is available cheaper and even has added functionality (HUD), but you loose out on the black wheels. The decals are still somewhat visible, as they contrast against the metallic black paint, just the carbon mirror caps without the carbon spoiler feels a little inconsistent. Long story short, I said yes, as they would also need to order a black 3.0 Premium (without the carbon mirror caps), that would bring us back into taking delivery in November. I live in CT, where all 4 seasons are present, so I would like to get the car, put on some miles and then swap in some all season tires before it gets too cold. I have heard the oem tires are summers, of which do not do well when the rubber is cold.

So, I have eaten my own words and will be getting the less flashy black model. It still looks good, but no way as unique as the blue.

Here is what the rear profile looks like without the spoiler, notice you can see a little of the decals (only image the dealership could get for me). Thanks chaps!

IMG_1323.jpg

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
^ I am pretty sure you should have received a bigger discount than the $500 they gave you though. I believe the spoiler is 1100+ and that's what was being discounted from MSRP. It should be somewhere in this thread or someone else could confirm.

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
So, I have an update. Turns out some of the users that responded to my earlier post (you know who you are - my thanks again), informing me that the A91s are being shipped without the spoiler and that are actually being sold at a slight discount due to the omission...well, they are totally correct. I challenged my dealership on this point, as they were so adamant that it comes with everything on the picture, but turns out, yes, there is no spoiler. Further more, the $500 discount they provided, was actually due to the spoiler not being included.

Ok, the update. With my original blue A91 order taking up to November, my dealership called me (knowing I hate waiting), they they could get a black A91 within two weeks. It is certainly a less flashy color and you are paying more to get a color that is available cheaper and even has added functionality (HUD), but you loose out on the black wheels. The decals are still somewhat visible, as they contrast against the metallic black paint, just the carbon mirror caps without the carbon spoiler feels a little inconsistent. Long story short, I said yes, as they would also need to order a black 3.0 Premium (without the carbon mirror caps), that would bring us back into taking delivery in November. I live in CT, where all 4 seasons are present, so I would like to get the car, put on some miles and then swap in some all season tires before it gets too cold. I have heard the oem tires are summers, of which do not do well when the rubber is cold.

So, I have eaten my own words and will be getting the less flashy black model. It still looks good, but no way as unique as the blue.

Here is what the rear profile looks like without the spoiler, notice you can see a little of the decals (only image the dealership could get for me). Thanks chaps!

IMG_1323.jpg
Nice!

The dealer should be giving you $1195 off for the spoiler, that's the amount by which Toyota is reducing the price. So if they only gave you $500 back, they're pocketing the remaining $695.

FWIW the spoiler is painted black over the CF, so it wouldn't match the mirrors anyway.

Yeah stock tires are summers.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra

IMG_1323.jpg
Your dealer is a shady cunt. Take your money elsewhere. The discount is $1195

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I completely agree. Honestly if that happened to me I would probably go in, say those exact words to my dealer, and demand a bigger discount for wasting my time or im shopping elsewhere. And make sure everyone using google reviews, yelp, and any other review website knows what lowlife scum regardless if they give you additional discounts. You shouldn't have to look through forums to get a fair price on a car that generally sells at MSRP, fair price should be expected not desired

It also sounds like you dropped ur order for a91 blue due to the expected delivery date and they sleazed their way into having you settle for a black premium for the same delivery date and probably sell the a91 you ordered at an even higher markup than what you agreed on. yeahhh fuck that dealer

Last edited:

DaBritish

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord 2.0T and 2020 Supra 3.0 Prem
Ok, so two of you have said this. Yes, I am in agreement that this is shady. My apologies to request this, but is anyone able to submit something that shows the discount should be as stated, instead of the mere $500 I am receiving. In all honesty, I had thought $500 was low for a real carbon fiber spoiler (plus installation). I will need to show something to the dealer to push back. They actually made me put down a deposit on the car (just to get it to their dealership), so I doubt I will be able to turn the deal down without loosing the funds. Dang, I wish I had found out about this forum months ago.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the input.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Ok, so two of you have said this. Yes, I am in agreement that this is shady. My apologies to request this, but is anyone able to submit something that shows the discount should be as stated, instead of the mere $500 I am receiving. In all honesty, I had thought $500 was low for a real carbon fiber spoiler (plus installation). I will need to show something to the dealer to push back. They actually made me put down a deposit on the car (just to get it to their dealership), so I doubt I will be able to turn the deal down without loosing the funds. Dang, I wish I had found out about this forum months ago.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the input.
Just tell them to put it on paper what the discount is, then when the spoiler becomes available go get it installed for the discounted amount. Or just call Toyota corporate and give them the dealership name and how they're trying to screw you over.

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
You could also just ask them to confirm the new MSRP. The missing spoiler changes it. Here's the sticker for my (spoilerless) car. You might have to adjust for different options.

IMG_4170.JPG