Officially ordered my A91 edition

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ok, so two of you have said this. Yes, I am in agreement that this is shady. My apologies to request this, but is anyone able to submit something that shows the discount should be as stated, instead of the mere $500 I am receiving. In all honesty, I had thought $500 was low for a real carbon fiber spoiler (plus installation). I will need to show something to the dealer to push back. They actually made me put down a deposit on the car (just to get it to their dealership), so I doubt I will be able to turn the deal down without loosing the funds. Dang, I wish I had found out about this forum months ago.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the input.
Is this what you are looking for? Is so, you can probably dl that from this thread under the post number indicated.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 2.46.47 PM.png

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Ok, so two of you have said this. Yes, I am in agreement that this is shady. My apologies to request this, but is anyone able to submit something that shows the discount should be as stated, instead of the mere $500 I am receiving. In all honesty, I had thought $500 was low for a real carbon fiber spoiler (plus installation). I will need to show something to the dealer to push back. They actually made me put down a deposit on the car (just to get it to their dealership), so I doubt I will be able to turn the deal down without loosing the funds. Dang, I wish I had found out about this forum months ago.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the input.
If it was me I would go to the dealership, get my deposit back & find another dealer who can supply you your preferred colour at the correct rate.

A quick email to Toyota wouldn't hurt either

And they wonder why they are commonly called Stealerships.....

DaBritish

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord 2.0T and 2020 Supra 3.0 Prem
First off fellas, thank you all for your open and helpful input!

The information is just what I needed to ensure I could catch the dealership out. Thanks to having this, I was indeed able (just got back home) to cancel my order of the black "spoilerless" A91 and request my deposit back. I had a bit of back and forth on that part, having to threaten getting my card involved and communicating my experience via online reviews.

Not sure what time frames the next dealership may be stating, but hopefully it is not end of November again and I get some promises regarding the spoiler installation or sufficient discount. At this point, if I can get my car quicker a may forego the A91 completely and opt for a 3.0 premium, as other than the bad ass blue and black wheels, I do not see the value proposition. I do like the blue accented interior, but the omission of a HUD and spoiler lessens the appeal. I am also leaning toward removing the decals should I re-order the A91, as they don't really seems to have a place (looks a little busy with all the different colors on the car).

My thanks again All. Please do continue to share images of both black and blue A91s, as the cars look so dang good!

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Does anyone have access to looking at what the hold is about on the 2021 Supra at the NJ port? And the timeline of when they may be released from port?

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Does anyone have access to looking at what the hold is about on the 2021 Supra at the NJ port? And the timeline of when they may be released from port?
I was told the head unit needs reflashed. No ETA as of yet.

Mk5upra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 05 Sti, 06 r53, 04 sti, 03 g35, 00 s500
So, I have an update. Turns out some of the users that responded to my earlier post (you know who you are - my thanks again), informing me that the A91s are being shipped without the spoiler and that are actually being sold at a slight discount due to the omission...well, they are totally correct. I challenged my dealership on this point, as they were so adamant that it comes with everything on the picture, but turns out, yes, there is no spoiler. Further more, the $500 discount they provided, was actually due to the spoiler not being included.

Ok, the update. With my original blue A91 order taking up to November, my dealership called me (knowing I hate waiting), they they could get a black A91 within two weeks. It is certainly a less flashy color and you are paying more to get a color that is available cheaper and even has added functionality (HUD), but you loose out on the black wheels. The decals are still somewhat visible, as they contrast against the metallic black paint, just the carbon mirror caps without the carbon spoiler feels a little inconsistent. Long story short, I said yes, as they would also need to order a black 3.0 Premium (without the carbon mirror caps), that would bring us back into taking delivery in November. I live in CT, where all 4 seasons are present, so I would like to get the car, put on some miles and then swap in some all season tires before it gets too cold. I have heard the oem tires are summers, of which do not do well when the rubber is cold.

So, I have eaten my own words and will be getting the less flashy black model. It still looks good, but no way as unique as the blue.

Here is what the rear profile looks like without the spoiler, notice you can see a little of the decals (only image the dealership could get for me). Thanks chaps!

IMG_1323.jpg
The HUD and non black rims should've been a red flag. All A91 Edition Refraction and Black does not come with the HUD and comes with black rims. They are selling you a 3.0 premium supra. I don't think that dealer knows anything about the A91 Edition Supra. Take your money somewhere else.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
The HUD and non black rims should've been a red flag. All A91 Edition Refraction and Black does not come with the HUD and comes with black rims. They are selling you a 3.0 premium supra. I don't think that dealer knows anything about the A91 Edition Supra. Take your money somewhere else.
I think he knew all that already. He was just pointing out the fact that the cheaper premium black minus HUD and color are pretty much the same thing as the black a91 at a few $1000 cheaper

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
probably because the cars are super new, totally different from what their normal cars are like and dont trust their usual mechanics in fear of bricking the car lol. just a guess tho

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
probably because the cars are super new, totally different from what their normal cars are like and dont trust their usual mechanics in fear of bricking the car lol. just a guess tho
they have been out for a year now....plus its a reflash you plug it in and click load lol...i mean they keep delaying things and they risk losing sales....

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Welp this is a mystery...

I found a dealer who's got the A91 in Refraction Blue. And it appears to have the MSRP w the Spoiler. And matter of fact, does have the factory Carbon spoiler like it's suppose to have. Not sure if Toyota caught up on the supply issue??

upload_2020-9-16_14-1-14.png

upload_2020-9-16_14-1-46.png

upload_2020-9-16_14-2-13.png

upload_2020-9-16_14-3-8.png

upload_2020-9-16_14-3-39.png

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Welp this is a mystery...

I found a dealer who's got the A91 in Refraction Blue. And it appears to have the MSRP w the Spoiler. And matter of fact, does have the factory Carbon spoiler like it's suppose to have. Not sure if Toyota caught up on the supply issue??

upload_2020-9-16_14-1-14.png

upload_2020-9-16_14-1-46.png

upload_2020-9-16_14-2-13.png

upload_2020-9-16_14-3-8.png

upload_2020-9-16_14-3-39.png
Interesting, that may be one of the early ones that landed in July. I contracted Freehold a few months ago and they were asking 10k over MSRP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Interesting, that may be one of the early ones that landed in July. I contracted Freehold a few months ago and they were asking 10k over MSRP
If you’re gonna pay $10K over MSRP, might as well go C8... several of those in the same ballpark. Low 60s sticker + 10K.