Officially ordered my A91 edition

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
what tint % did you get and whats the visibility like inside @Dannyvandelft (other than the massive blindspots). and wow every new a91 pic i see the more livid i get i dont have an ETA yet

prolegend81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 supra A91 Refraction
Nice, congrats Danny! Hopefully you feel like it was worth the wait. Mines getting the tint tomorrow as well. Wed to wrap the top black.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
what tint % did you get and whats the visibility like inside @Dannyvandelft (other than the massive blindspots). and wow every new a91 pic i see the more livid i get i dont have an ETA yet
I did 35%. Visibility is fine. But I'm used to driving a semi lol.

HelloPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX, Supra
Yeup California is lagging quite a bit I hope we hear at least some type of update this week...

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
Hey guys, so like Danny my car was delivered on Saturday and I was told the tech needed until monday (today) to unlock the car. Alas, my car is still locked in transport mode and the master tech told me he still hasn't received the codes from Germany. is this common? They were kind enough to throw in free tint for waiting but I just want to take it home already:(

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Hey guys, so like Danny my car was delivered on Saturday and I was told the tech needed until monday (today) to unlock the car. Alas, my car is still locked in transport mode and the master tech told me he still hasn't received the codes from Germany. is this common? They were kind enough to throw in free tint for waiting but I just want to take it home already:(
Dealer sounds like they are a newb to the Supra. They could all all this lined up before car arrived. When I got my LE, they made sure PDI was done before I showed up to the dealership. The only code they wait on is the code for the Navigation. They should be able to get the car out of transport mode with the scan tool they have...
Does your car have the carbon spoiler?

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
Dealer sounds like they are a newb to the Supra. They could all all this lined up before car arrived. When I got my LE, they made sure PDI was done before I showed up to the dealership. The only code they wait on is the code for the Navigation. They should be able to get the car out of transport mode with the scan tool they have...
Does your car have the carbon spoiler?
so they don't need a code to get it out of transport mode? Mine didn't come with a spoiler.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Well hello californians. Check with your dealers, Ive had 2 dealers I've talked to telling me that their cars should be arriving within a week or 2 now. Unfortunately i still dont have an ETA :(

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Well hello californians. Check with your dealers, Ive had 2 dealers I've talked to telling me that their cars should be arriving within a week or 2 now. Unfortunately i still dont have an ETA :(
I had no ETA on Wednesday, then on Thursday I did, and it was there 2 days later.

HelloPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX, Supra
I feel like they’re guessing at this point to keep customers happy but who knows maybe some Californians actually got an ETA

BayRay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3, 2016 Silverado LTZ, Mini Cooper hardtop, BMW 328GT M Sport, A91 Supra
Hey guys! Newbie here. Wish I’d found this thread sooner but I’ve put a deposit on a A91 a little over 2 weeks ago. There were 2 local dealers here in the Bay Area that had responded to my inquiry regarding the A91 back then and both had them incoming(allegedly) both of which were asking $7-10k over MSRP. Long story short.... I went with the least stealer mark up( Don’t Hurt Me). On Oct 2 Friday, I got an update from my dealer that my car is already here on the West Coast sitting at port (Long Beach maybe?) and on a “quality control hold”. According to them they’ll need permission from corporate to release the car with out the wing as the build sheet for mine has it included. Hopefully not to long now Californians! Congrats to Danny on receiving his car after the long wait!
My A91 vin WZ1DB0C01MW036727

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Hey guys! Newbie here. Wish I’d found this thread sooner but I’ve put a deposit on a A91 a little over 2 weeks ago. There were 2 local dealers here in the Bay Area that had responded to my inquiry regarding the A91 back then and both had them incoming(allegedly) both of which were asking $7-10k over MSRP. Long story short.... I went with the least stealer mark up( Don’t Hurt Me). On Oct 2 Friday, I got an update from my dealer that my car is already here on the West Coast sitting at port (Long Beach maybe?) and on a “quality control hold”. According to them they’ll need permission from corporate to release the car with out the wing as the build sheet for mine has it included. Hopefully not to long now Californians! Congrats to Danny on receiving his car after the long wait!
My A91 vin WZ1DB0C01MW036727
Dealer does not need corporate's approval to release the car without the spoiler. Your dealer should be able to change that on their system. All the cars still at port is showing the "quality confirmation hold" but who knows what it's actually about. It could be something really simple and stupid. My car is coming with the carbon spoiler. And there was also an issue on the quality of the carbon spoilers, so they had to change suppliers which also delayed the ETA. They are slowly releasing cars from port now, but mine still does not have an ETA. Like Danny mentioned above, it could all be updated within days since people at port don't really update the status of the cars real time. It's frustrating, but I am trying to stay optimistic here.

@BayRay if you want to drive across country to the East Coast, I can get you in contact with a dealer who will sell you one at MSRP. And this car will have the carbon spoiler too.