• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Opinions on ride height

uhh.supra

First Name
Aladdin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
I'm installing these MSS Adjustable Springs soon and I was wondering what would ideally be my best option on the amount I'd lower the car. I was thinking of dropping it an inch on the front and 1/2 an inch on the rear. I live in North Jersey and drive to the city quite often so I don't want to be too low on these shitty roads but I'd also want it to look as flush as I could without it getting annoying to drive.
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I started with the default height on the HKS adjustable springs, which was close to a 1ā€ drop all around, and then after 2 weeks I measured the wheel gap and adjusted two of the corners a bit to even it out. 1ā€ in front and 1/2ā€ in rear would be an obvious rake.

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
If you donā€™t add a front lip you should be fine more or less.
With front lip and lowering springs you are left with around 3 inches which is quite low.
Let me say it like I only park backwards after kissing some stones :p

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
ā€˜23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
I'm on MSS lowest setting and can get over residential speed bumps really slow sideways without scraping but don't have a front lip yet. Big dips and potholes, rear tires rub but I have spacers.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I'm on MSS lowest setting and can get over residential speed bumps really slow sideways without scraping but don't have a front lip yet. Big dips and potholes, rear tires rub but I have spacers.
Do MSS springs not have rear bump stops and dust boots? I guess that makes the rear install really quick because the strut doesn't need to removed. Anybody know the rationale?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Maybe Iā€™m the odd one out but I found the car to be a great height on the stock suspension. I just slapped some meaty tires on some Rays and it fills out really well. About a 2 finger gap.
Yeah, I ā€œunder-readā€ this statement too many times on this site. Should have stuck to stock height/springs. Unless going for a look, which I wasnā€™t, the stock height is fine for tracking.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Iā€™m from North Jersey also right next the to GW Iā€™ve never lowered a car due to the shitty roads and all the potholes we have. If you live somewhere that has nice roads thatā€™s one thing but here it just isnā€™t worth it IMO. My Z06 would scrape everywhere stock ride height granted that was a factory track car.

A90_Rin

First Name
Josch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
North Jersey here and I went with HKS adjustable springs. When the shop installed it they kept the default setting out the box for the fronts and adjusted the rear by 1/8th of an inch lower than what HKS set it to. I have yet to scrape or angle yet but I have bottomed out in a pothole during a car event cruise (don't feel too bad because I watched 4 exotics hit the same hole too šŸ¤£)
20230312_102356.jpg
20230312_104436.jpg

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Iā€™m from North Jersey also right next the to GW Iā€™ve never lowered a car due to the shitty roads and all the potholes we have. If you live somewhere that has nice roads thatā€™s one thing but here it just isnā€™t worth it IMO. My Z06 would scrape everywhere stock ride height granted that was a factory track car.

Im just going to add Sways bars and SPL parts. No lowering for me

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
Maybe Iā€™m the odd one out but I found the car to be a great height on the stock suspension. I just slapped some meaty tires on some Rays and it fills out really well. About a 2 finger gap.
would you happen to have any pics of your car? i wanna see how your setup looks like!

BuyHighSellLow

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Premium, MK6 Jetta
that looks so clean. any spacers ? does it affect the speedometer ?
Thanks!

no spacers. Wheel specs are
19x9.5 +25
19x10.5 +35

speedometer is just fine for me. If there is a difference I canā€™t tell.
Sponsored