jmulk

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
I really think the dealership should be able to provide you with a second 30 day temp tag.
I think that's normally the case with an in-state temp tag. However, normally not the case with an in-transit temp tag meant for car to be titled and registered in another state. Or at least that is my understanding.
Sponsored

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
I've purchased many vehicles out of state, including my Supra (I live in Virginia, I purchased it in Connecticut, and I registered it in Florida because I'm a military dependent, haha). And this was during the beginning of COVID, so yes, the process was delayed, but no one ever pulled me over on an expired temp tag because law enforcement knows the DMV is a nightmare right now.

Tell the dealership to give you a temp tag and you will take care of registration in your home state, and they should leave sales tax/registration off your purchase agreement.

Drive the car home on the temp tag, then go to your local DMV to register it and pay sales tax with your home state tax rate.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I've purchased many vehicles out of state, including my Supra (I live in Virginia, I purchased it in Connecticut, and I registered it in Florida because I'm a military dependent, haha). And this was during the beginning of COVID, so yes, the process was delayed, but no one ever pulled me over on an expired temp tag because law enforcement knows the DMV is a nightmare right now.

Tell the dealership to give you a temp tag and you will take care of registration in your home state, and they should leave sales tax/registration off your purchase agreement.

Drive the car home on the temp tag, then go to your local DMV to register it and pay sales tax with your home state tax rate.
I dont blame you for registering the car in Florida.... No one cares about emissions or inspections here. ?
Sponsored