Papadakis Racing 1000 HP Supra Engine Dyno Run!

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Yep, VANOS is locked out on that engine. That was the one thing that disappointed me most as even the 2J guys are all using vvti now.

But having it locked out at max lift/duration for a high number doesn't really matter I suppose.

it definitely matters. You can almost shape the power curve with the vanos and valvetronic (to an extent). Based on my vast experience with these BMW DI platforms, i feel they left a ton on the table doing away with the stuff that makes these engines so good.
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
He wasn't interested in the curve, hence my comment. He just wanted 1000chp peak, which you can do with max lift/duration.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
So, the DI injectors melted at that much boost?? @Twisted Tuning, do you know if this common with BMW DI motors at high boost levels or specifically these type of injectors? They weren’t actually in use in this case....could that have led to them melting?....no fuel spraying to slightly cool the injectors??

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
So, the DI injectors melted at that much boost?? @Twisted Tuning, do you know if this common with BMW DI motors at high boost levels or specifically these type of injectors? They weren’t actually in use in this case....could that have led to them melting?....no fuel spraying to slightly cool the injectors??
This is EXACTLY the case.

DI injectors don't just melt. this is the ONE and ONLY time this has happened. Because they dove into an engine they didn't know about. The fuel going through the injector not only fuels the engine but cools the injector assembly. Since these fire directly into the cylinder, they are exposed to ALL combustion events. So they get hot without fluid running through them to dissipate heat.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
Great achievement by SP, hes a smart resourceful guy with a ton of connections to manufacturers and technology. The average person doesnt have 1/10th of his resources. Met him at SIV and a genuinely nice guy. To all those saying how fast the b58 hit these numbers in comparison to the 2jz, you do know when the first supra made 1k hp most people didnt have cell phones right?

Nuance your shit.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Great achievement by SP, hes a smart resourceful guy with a ton of connections to manufacturers and technology. The average person doesnt have 1/10th of his resources. Met him at SIV and a genuinely nice guy. To all those saying how fast the b58 hit these numbers in comparison to the 2jz, you do know when the first supra made 1k hp most people didnt have cell phones right?

Nuance your shit.

i do agree that it definitely was a different time back then. But he pretty much deleted all the tech threw boost and fuel at just like the 2JZ. So its like this happened 20 years ago.

Haha, joking.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i do agree that it definitely was a different time back then. But he pretty much deleted all the tech threw boost and fuel at just like the 2JZ. So its like this happened 20 years ago.

Haha, joking.
Right!?!?! What was so “technologically advanced” in this build that was sooooo different than what tuners used 20yrs ago? Other than more efficient turbo’s, higher flowing injectors, and maybe a faster thinking ecu....what is so miraculous about this 20yr gap?

Some things will never change. Some see 1+1=2, and some see 1+1=11.

I believe this is a shot of the bracket they made to lock down the cam. Either way you can use the video timestamp as a reference, he talks about what they did during this part of the build.
Thanks.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right!?!?! What was so “technologically advanced” in this build that was sooooo different than what tuners used 20yrs ago? Other than more efficient turbo’s, higher flowing injectors, and maybe a faster thinking ecu....what is so miraculous about this 20yr gap?

Some things will never change. Some see 1+1=2, and some see 1+1=11.

Thanks.
Must be nice seeing everything so clearly. Since you have no working knowledge you piggy back a comment that supports your narrative.
Twisting tuning no one argues that SP didnt use a method other than brute force to achieve his goal on a new platform he has had little time with. Is the argument that because he did it the old way that its inherently wrong?
I get it, theres alot of room for improvement and mistakes were made but that just means when he corrects those mistakes he'll be that much further ahead.
Who else is making 1k hp in the supra?

Why was my other post deleted?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Must be nice seeing everything so clearly. Since you have no working knowledge you piggy back a comment that supports your narrative.
Twisting tuning no one argues that SP didnt use a method other than brute force to achieve his goal on a new platform he has had little time with. Is the argument that because he did it the old way that its inherently wrong?
I get it, theres alot of room for improvement and mistakes were made but that just means when he corrects those mistakes he'll be that much further ahead.
Who else is making 1k hp in the supra?

No one is making 1k in the Supra yet. Because that engine probably wont even go back into an A90 by the looks of it and what he was saying (speculation). But in the coming week or two, we'd probably be the first or closest to making 1000hp in an actual A90 with our shop car. 1000whp in it will come after our rod and piston build. but don't want to hijack this thread. our build thead is in our section.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s because you are being yourself....try ACTING like an adult for a change, and not a SF groupie. Maybe then, people might actually have a little respect for what you have to say.

Weren't you suppose to be ignoring me?...or blocking me? :doh:

Last edited:

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s because you are being yourself....try ACTING like an adult for a change, and not a SF groupie. Maybe then, people might actually have a little respect for what you have to say.

Weren't you suppose to be ignoring me?...or blocking me? :doh:
Lol pot calling the kettle black. You're insane. Have a nice day.

Suprasaiyansg

First Name
Sun Guang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Somehow it feels like unless the new Supra takes flight (literally) with however much ponies it needs, people will somehow always have a negative connotation towards the new Supra having a B58.
Sponsored