2023 Supra with 530 HP?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Oh yeah, @zrk ? Explain this:

1660097220247.png
Are dealers taking orders yet? I want to upgrade from my octo-turbo Fiat Multipla T2000 Platinum AWD 128Valve.
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I still think itā€™s HIGHLY unlikely bmw is going to give up their halo engine and the fitment will be interesting but who knows. Thatā€™s arguably one of the best engines bmw has EVER made

OP
OP
White Shadow

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
It will be funny to look back on this thread in a few years if Toyota does eventually end up with an M engine in the Supra at the end of it's cycle. I mean, Toyota did say that they would make changes to the car as it went through the generation....

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I also heard the figure of 503 or 530hp on upcoming Supra. Toyota insider, but this was nearly half a year ago

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
If they make the GRMN with a non-Bosch locked ECU that there would be a more attractive option.

-RJM

Reactions: zrk

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
That rumor is old about the S58 motor. Toyota has been developing a 3JZ-GTE-TT for the Supra paired with a Tesla inverter and battery to run an AWD setup. Toyota has stake in Tesla and is cashing it in now after the flop of the Rav4 EV that used a Tesla powertrain. It also will have the illustrious Targa Top from the Heritage Edition that was developed for SEMA which is a much welcome feature from long time Supra fans. A cherry on top is the Carbon Fiber BBS wheels that were developed for F1 with some new Yokohama tires that were specifically developed for the Supra. From Toyota insiders, it will hold the moniker of GR Supra A92 TRD Suzuka Circuit Edition. It will also hold some exclusively developed HKS parts including an exclusive wide body and will use this Supra for Super GT. Another insider said it will be exclusive to 92 cars and will be sold in Japan and the US exclusively. Rumors say that the GR Supra A90 TRD Laguna Seca Edition will be the name for the US spec and one insider suggested it will be an even split of 46 cars for Japan and 46 for US but that's just speculation. This is meant to be in competition with the Honda/Acura NSX and the upcoming R36 GTR which both use hybrid technology.

The 3JZ-GTE-TT will also be used in the upcoming Toyota Crown line as well to utilize the specially built smooth running engine as a throwback to early Toyota vehicles like the Soarer. The engine is specifically built by Yamaha as well using technology learned from the Lexus LFA.

This is what I have gathered from Toyota Insiders in Toyota Japan's RnD facility known as Hedgehog Works which was spinoff from Lockheed Martin's Skunkworks where Japan took inspiration to make this division for their Legacy projects to bring back the MR2 and the Celica name plate with their halo car being the 3000GT (not to be confused with the Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO) but as a spiritual successor to the 2000GT which insiders said would be priced under the LFA Successor between $100k-$250k. It was said to have design cues from the LFA, LFA Successor and the Supra and the launch editions are going to be named "Illusive Edition" keeping in line with the LC500's "Inspiration Edition". And a rumor within Toyota is that within the resurrection of the Celica nameplate will be the Celica Supra edition which would be using the B58 motor from the Supra and putting it in the Celica which will use the GR Corolla's G16E-GTS motor.

Toyota Insiders seem to leak a lot of information.

Last edited:

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bagged 9th gen Accord and hopefully, an A90.
Are dealers taking orders yet? I want to upgrade from my octo-turbo Fiat Multipla T2000 Platinum AWD 128Valve.
I heard you must sacrifice your firstborn to our lord and savior Cthulhu in the presence of Akio Toyota in the middle of the Fuji raceway on the first week of June under a full moon at exactly 11:59:59 to even be considered for an allocation šŸ™‚

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Toyota Insiders seem to leak a lot of information.
Translation: Toyota Insider = People working at Toyota in non-technical positions just discussing random shit they heard discussed in some random meetings.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Iā€™m all out of kidneys to sellā€¦ anyone got a hookup?
I don't consider it an "ethical source" by any stretch... but there are thousands in almost every city that will trade you one for a few bottles of liquor and/or pills. Provided that being in good working condition isn't a requirement. :confused1:
Sponsored