B58 longevity with 500+hp?

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT Supra, Jaguar F-Type R
I’ve gathered the b58 is a strong motor and can go up to 900+ whp with a stock block..but what I don’t know and haven’t seen much comment on is how long will these motors will actually last pushing that kind of power in terms of mileage. 20k 30k 100k? I’m only shooting for about 550 whp so I’m sure it will last longer than the I want to keep it, but in the off chance I keep it longer, I just want to get an idea. Anyone want to take an educated guess? Maybe some real world comments too? Perhaps people can post horsepower number and how many miles you’ve driven with that power? 600whp/10k? Something like that.
thanks!
Sponsored

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
I’ve gathered the b58 is a strong motor and can go up to 900+ whp with a stock block..but what I don’t know and haven’t seen much comment on is how long will these motors will actually last pushing that kind of power in terms of mileage. 20k 30k 100k? I’m only shooting for about 550 whp so I’m sure it will last longer than the I want to keep it, but in the off chance I keep it longer, I just want to get an idea. Anyone want to take an educated guess? Maybe some real world comments too? Perhaps people can post horsepower number and how many miles you’ve driven with that power? 600whp/10k? Something like that.
thanks!
and the kind of driving, i.e., track only, daily, track poser, etc.

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
Met a guy down the street who's Supra is super modified about 800 ponies under the hood.

He has about 60k miles on it, said never had any issues and is trying to get more out of it.

I'm sure if you always do proper maintenance the Supra or any car will last long.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I have that neighborhood of power and I legit beat the shit out of my car for 5k miles so far, no issues...

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Increased power means more heat, more load - so generally wear will increase.
Monitor and maintain accordingly and you should avoid surprises.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I mean some can't even make the stock B58 last cause they crash..:crazy: :dunno:

It really depends on the tuning and how you drive the car. Once you start tuning it's really a one-off car and becomes specific to yours.. get gauges, monitor/log your car is the best we can probably do.

StevesMK5

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE Nocturnal. 94 Mkiv Supra turbo renaissance red 6 speed Ram 3500 6.7 Jeep Wrangler l6
As long as you avoid hitting the rev limiter everytime you take it out they will go 100k miles at 550hp don’t miss a shifts at 6500rpm with paddles!! not manul trans. That’s when they blow. A new stock engine is 21k plus shipping. Also don’t do pulls with 2gallons of gas in the tank you can starve the fuel system. It will blow. Keep it fueled up.

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I am running the 500+ HP B58 longevity test for you guys.

Yall just stay down there in the 400s and I'll let you know when mine blows. :)

All joking aside, I hope not to blow the engine, but I have blown enough engines to know shit happens when being pushed.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I am running the 500+ HP B58 longevity test for you guys.

Yall just stay down there in the 400s and I'll let you know when mine blows. :)

All joking aside, I hope not to blow the engine, but I have blown enough engines to know shit happens when being pushed.
500 isn't pushing it that hard. Really. They can withstand quite a lot.
Sponsored