B58 Custom Turbo Kit Build

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
Hello, I’m making this thread to get some help and show progress on a kit I’m building. I’m making my own top mount big turbo kit for my 2 port Supra. I plan on upgrading to a Garrett3582. Trying to get to about 600whp with capabilities of going to about 800. Don’t want to mess with the transmission yet so trying to keep it at about 600 for now. I’ve broken the kit up into a few parts to try to check off one by one while building this kit.

• 2port manifold
  • Downpipe
  • Turbo
  • Flanges
  • Chargepipe
  • Boost control/wastegate
  • Oil lines
  • Tuning
The 2 port manifold will be a top mount style. I’m not a good welder so I’m either gonna find someone to make it or get better to make it myself. Now sure the exact demotions to make this either so I need to figure this out and take some measurements with a little trial/error.
Downpipe shouldn’t be an issue it’s easy enough just a pipe connecting to exhaust. Probably gonna make at a 3inch to match the exhaust. For the charge pipe I’m gonna use rubber cupplings and just a few pipes to connected all together not planning on doing any welding or fabricating for this. The part I’m not too sure about is boost control methods for the supra. I’ve only ever used boost control with a stand alone ecu so not sure how to integrate this into the supra ecu. I’m thinking a single watergate with a 3 port boost controller. If anyone has any advice for this let me know. In addition to this oil lines. Not sure where to connect the oil and cooling lines for the turbo. For tuning I'm planning on using BM3.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zvrlry

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
If anyone has any advice for boost control methods or could point me to some other forums that discuss them let me know!!

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Any reason why you're wasting your time trying to re-invent the wheel with a turbo kit? If you were building it yourself it would make sense, but from the looks of it you lack the skill to do that based on what you said about welding.

depending what turbo is used you can use the factory actuator and stock ecu for boost control. or get a reflex plus and use that to control boost, and add port injection now or later.

OP
OP
zvrlry

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
I want to try to make a kit myself. Also kits are so overpriced i would rather just make it my own. Only problem is the lack of welding skill but that’s not an issue only one part requires welding and that’s the hot side manifold.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I am happy to assist with this deeply complex technical question at my typical automotive consulting rate of $225 per hour.

Speed Logic

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra, BMW M3, Nissan GT-R
I can sell you a Billet 2-Port Manifold Flange to the Block if this helps with your process. I have designed and cut several of them but have put this project on hold due to workloads at our shop. As a heads up its not cheap, but they are high quality and will give you an easy starting point for your goals if you move forward. If interested send a message and I can share pictures with you.

OP
OP
zvrlry

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
I can sell you a Billet 2-Port Manifold Flange to the Block if this helps with your process. I have designed and cut several of them but have put this project on hold due to workloads at our shop. As a heads up its not cheap, but they are high quality and will give you an easy starting point for your goals if you move forward. If interested send a message and I can share pictures with you.
I’m in the process of getting one and the shop I’m getting them from is just above 200. I don’t think you can beat their price.

Speed Logic

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra, BMW M3, Nissan GT-R
I’m in the process of getting one and the shop I’m getting them from is just above 200. I don’t think you can beat their price.
Yeah can't beat the price, sorry. Suggest going that route will be best if looking for the cheapest price.

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Yeah can't beat the price, sorry. Suggest going that route will be best if looking for the cheapest price.
His stated goal is to not pay for an “overpriced’ turbo kit - so budget seems to be king here above all else 😖
Sponsored