MHD+ for Supra and Gen 2 B58

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
No Reflex yet. I'm bone stone aside from a downpipe and exhaust. You don't recommend the Visconti flex fuel kit?
I ended up with the MHD one. Extremely well made and super easy clean install. I found the design of the MHD one to fit exactly what I was looking for. The red arrow is pointing to the MHD ECA.
flexfuel.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
No Reflex yet. I'm bone stone aside from a downpipe and exhaust. You don't recommend the Visconti flex fuel kit?
Not over the MHD one, no.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I ended up with the MHD one. Extremely well made and super easy clean install. I found the design of the MHD one to fit exactly what I was looking for. The red arrow is pointing to the MHD ECA.
flexfuel.jpg
What you are pointing to in that image is actually the flex fuel sensor itself and every kit uses the exact same one. It's a continental sensor. Those are also Precision 360 fittings which I use in my homemade kit. They are awesome!

The actual MHD ethanol sensor conversion box (converts to a 0-5v signal for the DME) looks like this (I know you know this since you installed it, this is an FYI for others reading this):

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 2.19.50 PM.png

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
What you are pointing to in that image is actually the flex fuel sensor itself and every kit uses the exact same one. It's a continental sensor. Those are also Precision 360 fittings which I use in my homemade kit. They are awesome!

The actual MHD ethanol sensor conversion box (converts to a 0-5v signal for the DME) looks like this (I know you know this since you installed it, this is an FYI for others reading this):

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 2.19.50 PM.png
Not just pointing to the sensor. It's the MHD fuel line connections that are also in that pick. The box itself is under my panel where my tender is connected.
Point of the pic is to show how simple and clean the MHD kit is when installed.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Not just pointing to the sensor. It's the MHD fuel line connections that are also in that pick. The box itself is under my panel where my tender is connected.
Point of the pic is to show how simple and clean the MHD kit is when installed.
The fuel connections are actually the Precision 360 fittings, as I stated. :)

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
this is not accurate. the MHD box receives voltage input from the ethanol sensor and converts that to a CAN message which is sent to the ECU

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
this is not accurate. the MHD box receives voltage input from the ethanol sensor and converts that to a CAN message which is sent to the ECU
box receives signal from the conti sensor, translates it from a 50-150Hz frequency to 0-5v and transmits it over CAN. Not sure what MHD uses for an address, but anyone using a zeitronix box, it's 0x00EC unless programmed to be different.

Martindk3

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 8/2019
Is it just me who is wondering about the function "multi map", what options I see are not multi map, I see 1 map with power/fuel definitions.

What if I want to run 1 flame map, for a very short timeframe, and then go to stock map, to me that would be multimap...

Am I missing something here?

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Is it just me who is wondering about the function "multi map", what options I see are not multi map, I see 1 map with power/fuel definitions.

What if I want to run 1 flame map, for a very short timeframe, and then go to stock map, to me that would be multimap...

Am I missing something here?

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg
You can't switch between maps like that, for example between stage 1, stage 2, or stock.

Multimap is for a single stage but with different fueling or settings.

Martindk3

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 8/2019
You can't switch between maps like that, for example between stage 1, stage 2, or stock.

Multimap is for a single stage but with different fueling or settings.
So basically it is "multi setting". Would be great if that was the original naming, I was quite dissapointed seeing that I could not have multiple maps, when it says multiple maps..

Thanks for confirming.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
So basically it is "multi setting". Would be great if that was the original naming, I was quite dissapointed seeing that I could not have multiple maps, when it says multiple maps..

Thanks for confirming.
well technically they are multi map, because a 93 octane and an ethanol blend is not just a difference setting, it’s a whole different tune.

What you’re looking for wouldn’t actually make sense because if you have hardware for stage 2 (downpipe) then it would have no benefit of running the stock tune.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)

Thanks for confirming.
What you can actually do is adjust the power for each map. So you can have up to 4 map slots with all different power levels. If you want factory power for a map then you can set it to approximately that with the reduction feature.

Martindk3

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 8/2019
What you can actually do is adjust the power for each map. So you can have up to 4 map slots with all different power levels. If you want factory power for a map then you can set it to approximately that with the reduction feature.
I completely agree, but if I could do the switch I thought I could, then I would by a flame map, which of course should only be used in specific situations..

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
I completely agree, but if I could do the switch I thought I could, then I would by a flame map, which of course should only be used in specific situations..
You can absolutely do that. You will need a custom tune and you can ask the tuner to create multiple maps for your tune. One with the flame settings and one without.
Sponsored