MHD Flasher For 2020+ A90 Supra Discussion

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
Hats off to MHD. Everything is working flawlessly so far. I added 5 gallons of corn and got 35%, next time will be 6 gallons to get closer to E50.
The car rips. I need to get a draggy and do some pulls. Next, @Twisted Tuning for a custom flex fuel tune. No doubt this car loves ethanol.

dustwhyn

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 M340i
correct, Through MHD+ menu

MHD_PLUS_MENU.jpg
Iā€™m loving everything so far except for the BC button cycling through the dash displays on my M340i when Iā€™m navigating the MHD+ menus. Is masking the buttonā€™s original function when the menu is active something they can do to prevent this? Itā€™s quite annoying.

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Iā€™m loving everything so far except for the BC button cycling through the dash displays on my M340i when Iā€™m navigating the MHD+ menus. Is masking the buttonā€™s original function when the menu is active something they can do to prevent this? Itā€™s quite annoying.
Are you saying you still want the button to work for cruise functions when the MHD+ menus are active?

dustwhyn

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 M340i
Are you saying you still want the button to work for cruise functions when the MHD+ menus are active?
No. On the M340i (Not sure how it works on the Supra), the BC button on the turn signal stalk still cycles between the different BMW info displays on the dash (As it does normally) whilst in the MHD+ menu. I was wondering if itā€™s possible for them to disable the original function of the BC button while the MHD+ menu is active to prevent this so that the only thing changing is the stuff related to MHD+.

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No. On the M340i (Not sure how it works on the Supra), the BC button on the turn signal stalk still cycles between the different BMW info displays on the dash (As it does normally) whilst in the MHD+ menu. I was wondering if itā€™s possible for them to disable the original function of the BC button while the MHD+ menu is active to prevent this so that the only thing changing is the stuff related to MHD+.
I get it. The Supra isn't like that.

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
I heard on a video that you can change the engine startup sounds, also curious to hear sound clips of the exhaust valve options. Are these anywhere!?

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Bugger, had hoped my car being one or the early models (Sept 2019) a DME unlock wouldn't be required :(

Has anyone tried the new MHD DIY unlock feature? Any feedback as a home DIY?

Screenshot_20240205-183945.png

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I heard on a video that you can change the engine startup sounds, also curious to hear sound clips of the exhaust valve options. Are these anywhere!?
Are you talking about the exhaust flap?

Bugger, had hoped my car being one or the early models (Sept 2019) a DME unlock wouldn't be required :(

By that ROM ID you had the dealer update does. So that requires a bench unlock before you can flash.

The at home unlocker works. You just need to buy the hardware from www.bimecu.com

And then the mhd license.

Or you can use our mail in service for unlock. For $175+shipping

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

All pre june 2020 need bench unlock if you had the update/recall done.

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
Are you talking about the exhaust flap?

By that ROM ID you had the dealer update does. So that requires a bench unlock before you can flash.

The at home unlocker works. You just need to buy the hardware from www.bimecu.com

And then the mhd license.

Or you can use our mail in service for unlock. For $175+shipping

yes the exhaust flap! What is the purpose of controlling this? Are there sound clips?

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
yes the exhaust flap! What is the purpose of controlling this? Are there sound clips?
Purely for sound.

With stock the exhaust flap opens when the car is warmed up and in sport mode. It's closed in comfort except it will crack open slightly on overrun. The MHD feature just allows you to open and close it at will, not based on Sport mode/OEM programming.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Purely for sound.

With stock the exhaust flap opens when the car is warmed up and in sport mode. It's closed in comfort except it will crack open slightly on overrun. The MHD feature just allows you to open and close it at will, not based on Sport mode/OEM programming. So since you have a Supra you've already heard the difference between both.
^^^^this is correct

NZ-Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Supra 2020 BMW M340i Xdrive
@Twisted Tuning have you any idea of a timeline for MHD+ and femto? I know itā€™s sometime in Q1 but just curious when
Thanks again

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
I'd like to know how you control it. Appreciate it's from the steering wheel, but the user guide hasn't been update yet. Anyone got a video?
Sponsored