ECUTEK ProEcu For BMW B58/2020+ A90 Supra Discussion

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I don't have a Supra yet, just doing my pre-purchase research. I've been looking at used MY20 so I don't have the lock edu problem of the MY21's. I am going to do Pure800, DP, and Ecutek whenever I get the car. My question is, if the PO took the car to dealership and they did the ecu reflash/update, will I still be able to unlock the ecu to do Ecutek or would I be SOL until they unlock the 2021s? Is there a way of knowing if this update was done prior to purchasing the car?
The dealership can lock your ECU when they update it. This has happened to a few people. But since its a 2020 it can be bench unlocked again. And you will need to reflash the tune back in also.

-RJM
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I don't have a Supra yet, just doing my pre-purchase research. I've been looking at used MY20 so I don't have the lock edu problem of the MY21's. I am going to do Pure800, DP, and Ecutek whenever I get the car. My question is, if the PO took the car to dealership and they did the ecu reflash/update, will I still be able to unlock the ecu to do Ecutek or would I be SOL until they unlock the 2021s? Is there a way of knowing if this update was done prior to purchasing the car?

YES, the dealer can indeed update the ECU to the latest software. However, the latest software for a prior tunable ecu is still unlockable via bench flashing. If you have an already locked ecu with new bosch BTLD and etc from June/july 2020 then you will not be able to flash tune. Many 2021s have this issue but not all.
Sponsored