ECUTEK ProEcu For BMW B58/2020+ A90 Supra Discussion

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
My car is not flex fuel but I do have dedicated e50 and e85 tunes. My understanding is that e85 is pushing the limits of volume that the stock fuel system can supply. e50 is still around 102 octane, so it has plenty of knock resistance, but does not require as rich a mixture. Hence the volume of fuel required is more comfortably within the capability of that which the fuel pumps and injectors can supply. Therefore the tune can be more aggressive. Testing on various other engines has shown that the majority of benefit is achieved around e50-60 and beyond that you reach the point of diminishing returns except in all out race engines.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Are there any post intercooler setups available yet?

we originally started development on a direct port meth system when these cars first came out. we were semi close to final design and release. but EOS released their Port injection Kit (for like regular fuel and etc) so we kinda put the Direct port meth kit on hold since figured most people would be buying the Port injection kit from EOS.

if there is still interest for it, it can be finished.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/direct-port-meth-injection-kit-r-d.1955/

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
My car is not flex fuel but I do have dedicated e50 and e85 tunes. My understanding is that e85 is pushing the limits of volume that the stock fuel system can supply. e50 is still around 102 octane, so it has plenty of knock resistance, but does not require as rich a mixture. Hence the volume of fuel required is more comfortably within the capability of that which the fuel pumps and injectors can supply. Therefore the tune can be more aggressive. Testing on various other engines has shown that the majority of benefit is achieved around e50-60 and beyond that you reach the point of diminishing returns except in all out race engines.
Correc E50 has plenty of octane. A study by MIT showed E40-50 is where you break into the 100+ area. Bu there are some extra benefits of increased ethanol but they are mild. This car is a little more sensitive than some but you really gain minimal pass E50. But the flow requirements are hard to handle getting past that and we have to reduce torque down low a decent ibt.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
You should talk to your tuner about how they want to go about this.

I start everyone on 91 octane and dial the car in. And then i have my procedure that we go through after that.
Sounds good. I'll reach out to you when ready.

ahmadqtr1

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 gr supra
Hello all, I'm sure a lot of you already saw that ECUTEK is in BETA currently. So this thread im creating for a discussion where you can post questions, concerns, and anything under the sun in regards to Ecutek for your vehicle. I am an Ecutek Master Tuner, so i can help with whatever you need.

3DBox_BMW_B58_Supra_Beta.png

Ecutek Proecu for BMW B58 / Toyota Supra supports all worldwide vehicles fitted with the B58 B30 turbocharged engine, including:
  • 2019–present G20 BMW 340i
  • 2019–present G11 & G12 BMW 740i
  • 2019–present G07 BMW X7 xDrive40i
  • 2019–present G29 BMW Z4
  • 2019–present G29 BMW Z4 M40i
  • 2019–present B58 Toyota Supra MkV
More Infro and updates will be added here as they arrive.
Can i switch tuner when using Ecutek or my ECU will be locked and can be accessed by one tuner? My ECU is locked I have to send it for unlock. Appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Can i switch tuner when using Ecutek or my ECU will be locked and can be accessed by one tuner? My ECU is locked I have to send it for unlock. Appreciate the feedback.
Yes you can switch tuners. Ecu wont be locked in that aspect.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I would NOT run e85 without going to port. e50 pushes the limits of the stock fuel system so e85 would destroy it. I remember hearing early on some people having to replace their factory pumps when running e85 and they're 1200 each! Definitely not worth it imo.

Madgavis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Just had my car tuned on Ecutek running 93 pump gas. I was running stage 2 OTS BM3. I don't have any baseline pulls on BM3 as I flashed the car to stock before it was put on the dyno. I'm impressed with the way the car feels now. The power delivery is extremely refined compared to BM3. The car was tuned by Mike Botti and he was awesome all the way through the process, really down to earth and friendly guy. My mod list is Titan Motorsports catless downpipe, MST Instake, and Boost Logic non valved system.

l7QmuN5.jpg

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I have a tuning question. My car is currently stock and had some computer problems like wiper blade twitch (fixed) and no power when cold start in the mornings (in service atm being fixed). How they have attempted and fixed these issues is by reseting all the computer components and or pulling them out and reinstalling the software.

I want to tune this car but was worried that if these issues arise again and they reset or reinstall software will if override the tune? If it does will i be able to reflash the car or will i have to unlock the ecu all over again and buy another license? Any input would be great. @Twisted Tuning

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
I think you should start to worry about getting your car 100% before doing literally anything else right now.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
I have a tuning question. My car is currently stock and had some computer problems like wiper blade twitch (fixed) and no power when cold start in the mornings (in service atm being fixed). How they have attempted and fixed these issues is by reseting all the computer components and or pulling them out and reinstalling the software.

I want to tune this car but was worried that if these issues arise again and they reset or reinstall software will if override the tune? If it does will i be able to reflash the car or will i have to unlock the ecu all over again and buy another license? Any input would be great. @Twisted Tuning
if by chance your ECU was one of the ones that didnt need an unlock initially, it will certainly need one once the dealer updates the modules. The Dealer software on the toyota side does not have and "Expert" mode like the BMW version. That means they cant just update individual modules. They have to update of them that get pinged for an update.

So, yes, there is a possibility of needing to perform a bench unlock after dealer updates. almost certain they will update to the locked ROM (not the new bootloader lock).

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
My ecu is locked. I had a tuner check that all rdy.
Sponsored