Passenger Door Handle Paint Repair?

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Yeah, was trying to avoid those dealer installed swirls from the scratch master 9000 lol
This. While I was trapped in the finance guy's office they kindly "washed" the car with their SM9000 device.

It took me two days to paint correct and remove all the swirls from the body. I'll likely never get the swirls and scratches off the wheels. I'm guessing they used the newer SM10000 model on them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FullmetalHeart

FullmetalHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
This. While I was trapped in the finance guy's office they kindly "washed" the car with their SM9000 device.

It took me two days to paint correct and remove all the swirls from the body. I'll likely never get the swirls and scratches off the wheels. I'm guessing they used the newer SM10000 model on them.
I feel for you man... I bought a 2015 STI the first year they were out. Ordered it and waited four months for it to show up on the truck. Took it home with all the white shipping plastic on it and everything. Paint corrected and coated it myself. Took it in for its first oil change, I stated DO NOT WASH. They said okay and took it back, when they bring it back around its fucking DRIPPING wet and my perrin side mount tag bracket it mangled. Clearly it just came out of the scratchmaster 9000
Went in to complain to the service writer, all I got was a "sorry" and an offer to pay for the tag bracket. Even though the car was covered in swirls he said it didn't do any real damage and there was nothing they could do..... morons

OP
OP
FullmetalHeart

FullmetalHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I am pretty sure the handle can be removed and painted so they don’t have to mess with the rest of your car.

Can the windshield be buffed out?
scratches are deep enough on the windshield you can feel them with your fingernail. Too deep for any kind of glass polish. The gloss A pillar was scratched to hell too but I polished it out. There was another car when I was buying this one that ended up being like $1500 more after taxes and all, wishing I would have went for that car and avoided the headaches had I known this would be my situation lol

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I feel for you man... I bought a 2015 STI the first year they were out. Ordered it and waited four months for it to show up on the truck. Took it home with all the white shipping plastic on it and everything. Paint corrected and coated it myself. Took it in for its first oil change, I stated DO NOT WASH. They said okay and took it back, when they bring it back around its fucking DRIPPING wet and my perrin side mount tag bracket it mangled. Clearly it just came out of the scratchmaster 9000
Went in to complain to the service writer, all I got was a "sorry" and an offer to pay for the tag bracket. Even though the car was covered in swirls he said it didn't do any real damage and there was nothing they could do..... morons
Similar thing happened with my 2012 STI on it's first oil change. Nothing like swirls you can see from space on a black car.

Their response "you really wouldn't want our lot techs to buff that out would you?"

He had a point and I bought my Porter Cable DA.

monkahead

First Name
Artur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV MY23 B48B20 (30i)
CFFED76A-5F4E-44AB-904F-A77DD0B9CF3E.jpeg

Does anyone know if the "front side" of door handle can be easily disassembled from the rest without removing entire door handle assembly from the door? It looks like it can be pried from the rest of the handle. Does the handle from BMW G29, part number 51219491462 match J29 Supra? Looks like it should.

51219491462.jpg
Sponsored