2023 paint chipping at door

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
From the second set of photos, it definitely looks like it was doored in transit I'm afraid.

As Phil said I would touch it up and that's it, I had to do the same on my yellow one - I understand it sucks.

Every time I give the car to a dealer I expect they scuff something inside or out anyway, so if it's a small thing like that I'd rather give up and do it myself as those inbreds will likely make more damage trying to fix it anyway, nobody cares about things anymore, it's just sad.
Yea which annoys the hell out of me. Along with the radio on the mechanics favourite radio station and the a/c set to their preference. Not just an isolated dealer either. I fail to understand why you need to change the radio and a/c setting when you are servicing a car. More time focused on the servicing and less time on the music would suit me better.

Phil
Sponsored

jrof

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium MT
Have a similar thing on my 23, random chips right on the edge of the door. Haven’t even noticed it in months…just touch up and enjoy, you’re gonna get more annoying blemishes in time anyway

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Yea which annoys the hell out of me. Along with the radio on the mechanics favourite radio station and the a/c set to their preference. Not just an isolated dealer either. I fail to understand why you need to change the radio and a/c setting when you are servicing a car. More time focused on the servicing and less time on the music would suit me better.

Phil
You and others are going to think I am crazy or entitled or whatever but....I can smell the people who worked on my car or washed it afterwards. I wish I did not and I don't confront anyone clearly but still it just smells like sweat for a day or so....

ChaseLarabee

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra Manual
This actually happened to my car too. No I haven't hit anything, no it wasn't there when I picked it up. It is not very thick paint on the plastic part of the door and flakes off easy. I am going to call the dealer now and see if they can replace it now knowing I am not the only one.
Sponsored