Pedal Commander

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine and will be installing it tomorrow. I’m hoping to get rid of the major throttle lag in Comfort mode. It’s the only thing that annoys me about this car.
Sponsored

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
Save your $300 and just code in sport+ for your engine and transmission.

Reactions: zrk

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So I gave the pedal commander a chance and I’m returning it. It does help the throttle response like it advertises but it doesn’t really fix the issue I hate about Comfort Mode which is that it seems to shift way too early so the rpms are always really low, making the car feel laggy. When I leave my house and drive down the street I’m barely even doing 30mph and the car has already shifted to 5th gear and the rpms are too low, around 2000rpm or so. What the hell? Is this the same behavior in any of you guy’s cars in comfort mode? Hopefully you guys with stock cars can chime in because I don’t remember it being that bad. For the longest time I always drove the car in Sport mode which is fine because the car is almost always above 3000rpm and everything feels great. No lag above 3000rpm.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Well, you'd better get used to this. Because of emissions regs, all cars now in normal mode try to reach the highest possible gear in the shortest amount of time. As advised earlier, drive in sport mode, that will help.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well, you'd better get used to this. Because of emissions regs, all cars now in normal mode try to reach the highest possible gear in the shortest amount of time. As advised earlier, drive in sport mode, that will help.
I get what you’re saying. I do drive in Sport mode 90% of the time but there are times where I’d like to be in normal mode so the car is quieter, like driving through my neighborhood. It feels like the throttle on my 7 year old Hyundai or 17 year old Highlander has better throttle response than the Supra which is sad.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
So I gave the pedal commander a chance and I’m returning it. It does help the throttle response like it advertises but it doesn’t really fix the issue I hate about Comfort Mode which is that it seems to shift way too early so the rpms are always really low, making the car feel laggy. When I leave my house and drive down the street I’m barely even doing 30mph and the car has already shifted to 5th gear and the rpms are too low, around 2000rpm or so. What the hell? Is this the same behavior in any of you guy’s cars in comfort mode? Hopefully you guys with stock cars can chime in because I don’t remember it being that bad. For the longest time I always drove the car in Sport mode which is fine because the car is almost always above 3000rpm and everything feels great. No lag above 3000rpm.
Yeah completely normal from my experience...
35 mph and already in 8th gear...
I HATE this car in normal mode...
3 second delay from you asking to go to when the car decides it wants to...

Steve

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah completely normal from my experience...
35 mph and already in 8th gear...
I HATE this car in normal mode...
3 second delay from you asking to go to when the car decides it wants to...

Steve
Okay well that’s good to know that it’s the same for you too. I was beginning to think that I screwed up something when I did some Bimmercoding. I knew it wasn’t the JB4 either because I completely removed it to test if it was causing any issues.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I get what you’re saying. I do drive in Sport mode 90% of the time but there are times where I’d like to be in normal mode so the car is quieter, like driving through my neighborhood. It feels like the throttle on my 7 year old Hyundai or 17 year old Highlander has better throttle response than the Supra which is sad.
Totally normal... with any new car. Throttle response in our 4Runner spanks the crap out of the RC-F, RX350, and the MKV. The trend was already in place with the 4Runner of course, but with fewer gears it has much less impact. Now that almost every automatic has 7+ gears and drive-by-wire throttle input, it's much more dramatic.
Sponsored