Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Found some white powdercoated stocks on some other color Supras:
1672688030412.png
1672688046721.png
1672688146454.png

A shade of white I really like is Prismatic's Mushroom White - a muted white that isn't too blinding.
To each his own…. But damn, that white 😳 Reminds me of a mother‘s unforgiving love for their child.

My wife talked me into bronze track wheels. I swear I’m going to Hyperdip those mofos. I love Apex wheels in general but my soooooo boring love for black is hard to fight back.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I have my stock rims and was thinking about doing something i haven’t seen anyone do yet. I’ve read all the powdercoat threads and nobody that I know of did White on a White Supra but before I drop the coin to do it I was hoping someone with some decent photochop skills could just paint these rims white for me? Any help would be appreciated.

B43762F7-F1D8-4F7C-A865-7B59172F23EE.jpeg
The replies in this forum are hysterical, but we thought it would be nice to see what we could do. Our awesome graphic designer made this for you. Hope it helps.

B43762F7-F1D8-4F7C-A865-7B59172F23EE.png

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
The Hyperwhite isn’t bad the purple/pink kinda cool. I broke down today took the wheels to the powder coater I just couldn’t do black. Everyone does black. We found a really nice metallic white that damn near matches the car color so I said what the hell do it! Should have them back in a week or two.

Already ordered the spacers from Burger to set them where they need to be with the size tires I have. Which if my math works out to be correct is 13mm Front and 10mm rear. I have 275’s up front and 305’s in the rear but I get a teeny bit of rub out of them. By going stock with that spacer setup should move the front in 1mm more which will be perfect and the back 5mm more which should just avoid the rubbing.

I have aftermarket wheels with 22 and 25 offsets. Since the front is only an 8.5 wide I added a 10mm spacer up front.

Now if I did my Math right… current setup 8.5“ rim with a 22 front offset with 10mm spacer nets 14mm bump out (4mm over stock and 10mm with the spacer). Stock front at 32 offset with 13mm spacer is 13mm bump out. So 1mm less bump. The front tire knicks the plastic on really big bumps. So that 1mm should just miss it.

The rear is more simple. 10 x 40 stock with a 10mm spacer nets 10mm out Vs my rim at 10 x 25 offset for 15mm bump and that rubs with a 305 On really really big bumps. So 5mm move inward should fix that problem and allow me to run my 305’s with no rubbing.

A side note the aftermarket wheels are 4lbs heavier per wheel. So its a little but the stockers are damn light.

Hopefully it will work they way I see it my head or it won’t and it’s back to the drawing board and probably a whole new set of custom wheels with the offsets I want specifically for my tire sizes.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The Hyperwhite isn’t bad the purple/pink kinda cool. I broke down today took the wheels to the powder coater I just couldn’t do black. Everyone does black. We found a really nice metallic white that damn near matches the car color so I said what the hell do it! Should have them back in a week or two.

Already ordered the spacers from Burger to set them where they need to be with the size tires I have. Which if my math works out to be correct is 13mm Front and 10mm rear. I have 275’s up front and 305’s in the rear but I get a teeny bit of rub out of them. By going stock with that spacer setup should move the front in 1mm more which will be perfect and the back 5mm more which should just avoid the rubbing.

I have aftermarket wheels with 22 and 25 offsets. Since the front is only an 8.5 wide I added a 10mm spacer up front.

Now if I did my Math right… current setup 8.5“ rim with a 22 front offset with 10mm spacer nets 14mm bump out (4mm over stock and 10mm with the spacer). Stock front at 32 offset with 13mm spacer is 13mm bump out. So 1mm less bump. The front tire knicks the plastic on really big bumps. So that 1mm should just miss it.

The rear is more simple. 10 x 40 stock with a 10mm spacer nets 10mm out Vs my rim at 10 x 25 offset for 15mm bump and that rubs with a 305 On really really big bumps. So 5mm move inward should fix that problem and allow me to run my 305’s with no rubbing.

A side note the aftermarket wheels are 4lbs heavier per wheel. So its a little but the stockers are damn light.

Hopefully it will work they way I see it my head or it won’t and it’s back to the drawing board and probably a whole new set of custom wheels with the offsets I want specifically for my tire sizes.
Do the math for sure but there are bunch of websites, in case you didn't know, that will even visualize the whole thing for you. I think it's willitfit.com or something. Google. Ok www.willtheyfit.com hmm maybe not. There was a better one.

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Yup for sure. I use 1010tires.com they have a bunch of calculators. I use the offset one and the tire size one for getting bigger tires close to stock height and stuff like that. WIllitfit is really good as well,

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
The replies in this forum are hysterical, but we thought it would be nice to see what we could do. Our awesome graphic designer made this for you. Hope it helps.

B43762F7-F1D8-4F7C-A865-7B59172F23EE.png
Thank you appreciate that! All the responses are pretty hilarious, all in good fun though

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Thank you appreciate that! All the responses are pretty hilarious, all in good fun though
No problem at all! It was fun reading the replies. We hope you go for the white rims, we think it looks cool.
Sponsored