Please help me figure out the proper diagnostic software

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra, '18 TTRS,'13, LP700-4, '07 S6 V10
Hey, first post here, my name is Peter and I live in Northern Nevada. I have a track only '20 supra and am having some issues keeping the nannies off. Sorry if this has been addressed before or elsewhere.

I am having trouble finding out what software to use to scan the different computers / modules. I have found on other forums that the level control module may be what is conflicting with my VSC staying off.

I want to scan the level control module, tpms, etc for codes and errors as I am not able to keep VSC "off" while on the track after lowering with the KW clubsports "and fake-out modules" While doing so I do not want to "update" the ecu and have it lock me out and have to then get it unlocked again by ecutek. Toyota dealer said that they may have to update the ecu before their software allows a scan of separate modules...

For my VAG / audis I use a program called VCDS "VagCom" diagnostics, I need something similar that is genuine. I see notes for ISTA and MHD...

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can purchase proper software and OBD port dongle? I like my Rosstech Hex Net that uses WiFi to connect to my PC, if there is that option for the supra/bmw it would be great.

Thank you in advance! Greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

lmore377

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
Get a ENET cable. It's the easiest and cheapest way to interface with the car since it's literally just an ethernet connection and most software (including ISTA) will support it. If you want it to be wireless you can pick up an adapter like this or just plug the cable into a USB powered travel router. As for software, bimmerlink (android & iOS) works really well for getting error codes and seeing a bunch of different sensor values. On PC I've only ever used Toyota ISTA and you can find it on Toyota's TIS site or on their European site but you need to install and activate Techstream beforehand.

Edit: I forgot to mention that ISTA never tried to force an update or anything and it should allow you to do diagnostics without that. It shouldn't even let you update the car because the process takes a while and you need to put it on a charger and stuff like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Actually ended up using Carly and we got around 100 codes for the whole car. Cleared them all and installed the new updated KW modules and now no codes besides the tpms. As of now it appears the only solution to keep VCS OFF is to drive up to 30mph, turn off VCS and it stays off. But if you turn it off from a stop it will come back on.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
Did you select the Z4 in Carly then?
As Carly still only has the Supra IV on it list of cars?

OP
OP
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No we ditched carly, bimmer code is your friend. I actually just set the tires to "other" and then they were always happy no matter the pressure. With this TPMS warning now gone, the TC stays off from the grid. No speed is required to drive it and stay off, etc..

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
I also use bimmercode.
but you can only code with it i thought?
No diagnostic right?