Porsche 718 Cayman vs Toyota Supra

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Curious about cayman vs supra overall. How much am I missing out not owning a cayman?

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Curious about cayman vs supra overall. How much am I missing out not owning a cayman?
Porsche is the gold standard for sports cars in my opinion. Everyone owes it to themselves to try a Cayman, Boxster, 911. The base models are nice but under powered. The chassis/ brakes are so good and capable, they need more power. The base Cayman and Boxster anyway. The base 911 is better. It's the Cayman/Boxster S models and up that are really fun. Still might not be the fastest to 60 or the 1/4 mile but it will be one of the finest driving experiences, very satisfying and rewarding. They bring just enough power for the chassis. The steering, brakes, transmissions. road feel and handling is sublime. Visibility and seating position is exceptional. Only negative is cost. Porsche really makes you pay. But everyone knows that.

Here is a comparison. It's a single person's opinion but he does a nice job comparing them. The guy doing the video owns a Cayman GTS and compares it to a GR Supra. Porsche makes exceptional cars but are getting too expensive. The competition is catching up. Personally for Cayman GTS money I'd consider a C8. The 3.0 Supra cost less than most base Caymans and is a LOT of value. The 400Z will probably be good value and offer a manual. It will be interesting to see how the 400Z automatic is compared to the Supra.

Last edited:

bhamvett

First Name
SR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2013 FR-S
I would rather have my 21 Supra.
Sponsored