Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
What are you both on about? Between science projects and algebra you would think we would need a lab coat and safety glasses on to pull into the gas station.

It literally takes 10 seconds to determine the blend. Look at your gas gauge take a rough guess at how many gallons are left, look at your current blend percentage, use an app to punch in the numbers and pump what it says from each. If you want to go crazy you can look at the level in the Supra app or through a data log tool but I never do. Even with largely guessing I get it within 5% every single time. Its not hard.

The only way you should be running a blend tune on the street is with a flex sensor, with out it you are being stupid. If you mess the ratio up a bit who cares the ECU is aware and will adjust accordingly.
No thanks. I'm good.
Sponsored

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Just because your Supra touched a track doesn’t mean it’s a good track car***

Also I wouldn’t call an alignment a modification. Problems like fuel cut out, small brakes, and slow throttle response good to mind when i think of a tracked Supra

I've never had a fuel starvation issue, and the brakes are good enough for a 145mph braking zone, 135mph braking zone, and 160mph braking zone at VIR full course, and that's every 2 minutes. Not ideal, but upgrading to $1000 pads only helped a bit. I've owned a Viper and Porsche 911 C4S before the Supra and the Supra is way more capable for the track in stock and lightly modified form.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm still trying to figure out why people spend $1000 on brake pads. Especially since they seem to eat rotors. I'd rather change pads. 🤷🏼

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm still trying to figure out why people spend $1000 on brake pads. Especially since they seem to eat rotors. I'd rather change pads. 🤷🏼
Later and more consistent braking. They're super noisy but the best braking upgrade you can do unless you start getting into custom and mega expensive stuff.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
. I've owned a Viper and Porsche 911 C4S before the Supra and the Supra is way more capable for the track in stock and lightly modified form.
Gen 5 is good for the track but I’d imagine you owned a previous generation.. the Porsche should absolutely walk these cars on the track. Even a 4 cylinder manual Porsche on a technical track should have the edge.

There’s a reason NA 6 cylinder porches are destroying twin turbo ferraris on track

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Unless you race cars for a paycheck, fuck all the way off with your opinion on whether or not a car is track worthy.

Race at the track, not the street (unless it's a sanctioned event where the street is sectioned off into a track-like street course).

Now then, in an effort to get this thread back on track:
It's been a week.
Where the piss is the update/status from these stateside unlock cunts?
Coming tomorrow

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gen 5 is good for the track but I’d imagine you owned a previous generation.. the Porsche should absolutely walk these cars on the track. Even a 4 cylinder manual Porsche on a technical track should have the edge.

There’s a reason NA 6 cylinder porches are destroying twin turbo ferraris on track
I had a GenV Viper 2014. Supra is faster. C4S was even slower than the Viper. All day long I was passing Cayman GT4s and a few purpose built Cayman track cars. At Summit Point a 991 GT3RS wasn't getting away from me and an AWD M4 wasn't able to keep up (and that track is perfect for that car). Someone earlier posted a similar experience at Laguna Seca. Not sure how you're figuring all this.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I had a GenV Viper 2014. Supra is faster. C4S was even slower than the Viper. All day long I was passing Cayman GT4s and a few purpose built Cayman track cars. At Summit Point a 991 GT3RS wasn't getting away from me and an AWD M4 wasn't able to keep up (and that track is perfect for that car). Someone earlier posted a similar experience at Laguna Seca. Not sure how you're figuring all this.
This is a list of the fastest Nurburgring times.
B1A0F731-5A60-4E84-A028-E190C9441CD9.jpeg

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
There's no way it cost
I Def understand after you word it this way for sure. I'm already 11k into the car in less then a month I could have done the ecu clone and still can do it. But I'm such a new owner I'm enjoying the hell out of the car. Me personally I didn't want to take the ecu out ship it and car sit for weeks while that happens then God forbid ecu gets lost or something. But yeah you absolutely right at this stage in the game got to pay to play.
There's no way it costs $600 to ship from DHL.....Damn
I've used FedEx to ship to Malaysia and it costs around $100.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
There's no way it cost

There's no way it costs $600 to ship from DHL.....Damn
I've used FedEx to ship to Malaysia and it costs around $100.
Yeah you are correct it doesn't cost $600. I just sent mine out. Cost to ship to Femto was $255 DHL. Cost for unlock and shipping back was $750 EUR=$735 USD. ( 600 for unlock) (150 for shipping back to me) I shipped on a Monday. That same week on Thursday I recieved invoice from Femto. I wired transfered the money and recieved tracking same day. That following Monday is was ready for pick up at DHL store. So my ECU was gone for exactly 7 day total and it Cost me under 1k.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Yeah you are correct it doesn't cost $600. I just sent mine out. Cost to ship to Femto was $255 DHL. Cost for unlock and shipping back was $750 EUR=$735 USD. ( 600 for unlock) (150 for shipping back to me) I shipped on a Monday. That same week on Thursday I recieved invoice from Femto. I wired transfered the money and recieved tracking same day. That following Monday is was ready for pick up at DHL store. So my ECU was gone for exactly 7 day total and it Cost me under 1k.
LMK how that MHD flash tune is im starting to give up on finding a cloneable ECU again 🙃

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
This is a list of the fastest Nurburgring times.
B1A0F731-5A60-4E84-A028-E190C9441CD9.jpeg

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with this, as if these lap times are indicative of anything other than what paycheck drivers are capable of achieving with these cars.

Here's a comment from below this list:

Supra Lap Time.jpg

Again, fuck all the way off with this opinion of yours. The Nurburgring isn't the end all be all of tracks and frankly there are plenty of cars that do well there that suck at other tracks...being fast/slow around the ring means exactly that, it's fast/slow around the ring.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Later and more consistent braking. They're super noisy but the best braking upgrade you can do unless you start getting into custom and mega expensive stuff.
I'm willing to put my $500 pads up against a set of $1,000 pads, any day.
Sponsored