OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If the TB isn't able to be powder coated and you are desperate to colour match it with other engine components you could always have it sprayed in 2 pack. 2 pack is fuel and plenty enough heat resistant for a throttle body and has excellent adhesion to metal parts without primer. The prep and masking would be a bit fiddly but definitely very doable and workable. I've painted engine components in 2 pack many times that have far more onerous conditions to deal with than engine bay heat. You can order it in small quantities and spray it at home if you have a gun and compressor. A breathing mask is highly desirable but for small parts it's quite doable. You can even buy 2 pack in a spray bomb style can where you activate the in can catalyst and have a period of time to spray the component. Ideal for small jobs like a TB.

Phil
This is very interesting. Do you have a link on where to buy this “2 pack”?
Sponsored

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
This is very interesting. Do you have a link on where to buy this “2 pack”?
Here's a link for Australia to give you an idea. There should be a ton of places in the states that sell the same. I've not used the spray can methods but have use 2 pack I mix myself and spray with a small gun many times over the years on a lot of motorcycle stuff including entire engines and chassis components.
Hard, durable, heat and petrol resistant.
Heres some images of some stuff I've painted with 2K. Before and after on fork brake brackets in matt black. The red chassis components give you an idea of the difference between the 2 pack gloss finish and the original powder coat finish on the tubular piece on the right in the background. No real need to clear over the colour coat and what you see is straight off the gun finish wise. The guy at the automotive paint supply shop I use mixed and matched this by eye without using a gun. He's pretty good as you can see.

https://vgautopaints.com.au/products/2k-solid-colour-custom-mixed-spray-can

Phil

DSC01501.JPG

DSC01507.JPG

DSC00953.JPG

Last edited: