Powerstop Z17 brake pads - inc hardware??

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Hi After reading about the low-dust pads - I decided to go with the Power Stop Z17 front and rear - Question? On Power Stops web site both the front and rear sets show the stainless steel mounting hardware as well as pin bushings and lubricant. One of their links on where to purchase is rocket auto - I ordered the 17-1892 fronts and 17-2220 rears. The rears came with the two stainless mounting brackets but no pin bushings - the fronts did not come with the stainless hardware but did come with pin bushings. And neither had the lubricant.

I have an appt with the dealership to have the pads installed on Monday. My question - should i hold off on having these installed, i.e.. I am going to reach out to Power Stop but don't expect a reply before next week. Any feedback is appreciated.......... Thx
Sponsored

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Powerstop hardware isnā€™t goodā€¦ the pins are shorter than OEM I reused the OEM hardware when i did it
Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So - I just got of the phone with Power Stop and they (or at least the person that took the call) informed me that they DID NOT make brake pads for my car! She was pretty adamant about it. I told her that i was on their website looking at their brake finder page and indeed the GR Supra was listed. She said she too was on that page and Toyota only listed two vehicles. Sigh - I told her I was going to send an email to the customer service and tech support pages with screen shots of the site and the appropriate pages - which I have done....... Kinda frustrated at this point with Power Stop - I'm not sure at this point that I want to use their pads........

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I run their pads they fit. Just order them make sure part number is correct. Your wheels will no longer be caked in brake dust :)
Thanks - I ordered the Z17 series - 17-1892 for front and 17-2220 for rear.... I really want to get rid of the dust :)

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
The Powerstop hardware isnā€™t goodā€¦ the pins are shorter than OEM I reused the OEM hardware when i did it
The slide-pin rubber boots they included with the Z23s for my Yaris were improperly sized and poor quality, so I chucked them and reused OE boots. Hardware is really hit or miss, but I LOVE the PowerStop pads I've got on both the Yaris (Z23) and the Yukon (Z36).

Actually was recently considering swapping the A91 OE pads out for some PowerStop or DFC low-dust pads. I don't track the car yet, so I don't need the original super-duster semi-metallics, and could enjoy much cleaner wheels for a while.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The slide-pin rubber boots they included with the Z23s for my Yaris were improperly sized and poor quality, so I chucked them and reused OE boots. Hardware is really hit or miss, but I LOVE the PowerStop pads I've got on both the Yaris (Z23) and the Yukon (Z36).

Actually was recently considering swapping the A91 OE pads out for some PowerStop or DFC low-dust pads. I don't track the car yet, so I don't need the original super-duster semi-metallics, and could enjoy much cleaner wheels for a while.
Thanks for the feedback - I read some good reviews on the pads and really wanted to get rid of the dust. Not going to be doing any track time (at least for the foreseeable future) so went with the lower performance pads. Good to know about the pin boots, etc. so that if I do take them to dealer on Monday - I can just tell them to use existing hardware, etc.... Thx!
Sponsored