Quietest catted downpipe

mk5.justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
Does anyone have any recommendations for the quietest catted downpipe? I need something very subtle and that won’t be loud or smell much but I still want the power gains. Also, would I be able to do a stage 2 map with a catted downpipe or would I need to be catless.
Sponsored

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Does anyone have any recommendations for the quietest catted downpipe? I need something very subtle and that won’t be loud or smell much but I still want the power gains. Also, would I be able to do a stage 2 map with a catted downpipe or would I need to be catless.
AFE catted downpipe, it is 400 CPSI.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Quietest would be the 400 CEL, but its too restrictive

I recommend the active autowerke, which is equivalent to a 300 CEL in sound

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
If aFe has a 400cpsi with their really narrow pipe that's likely a quiet one.

HJS makes a downpipe that uses their own cats (two of them, perhaps?) for the b58 which is also likely very quiet and clean emissions-wise. I believe fabspeed relabels it in the US, though you might have to look under b58-using bmw models on their website.

Fabspeed also makes their own narrow and heavily catted (HJS 300cpsi) downpipe which'll be towards the quieter end.

Then you're into the most popular set of catted downpipes, 300cpsi with high flow designs. Wagner or Akrapovic for HJS cats, Active Autoworke, CG precision, or a load of others for GESI...

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Quietest would be the 400 CEL, but its too restrictive

I recommend the active autowerke, which is equivalent to a 300 CEL in sound
I’m about to purchase this from you.
Would you say there is a huge difference in sound between the 300 cell and catless?

also, i shot you a message on IG, your catted AA dp has no hangers. And the AA catted dp on their website has hangers. Do you have ones With hangers in stock?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I’m about to purchase this from you.
Would you say there is a huge difference in sound between the 300 cell and catless?

also, i shot you a message on IG, your catted AA dp has no hangers. And the AA catted dp on their website has hangers. Do you have ones With hangers in stock?
the sound difference is very noticeable, with the catted downpipe you almost don't notice the sound increase unless you are on the wide-open throttle. It's there on low RPM but barely noticeable.

We offer the newest versions only, the catted has hangers and the catless does not

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
the sound difference is very noticeable, with the catted downpipe you almost don't notice the sound increase unless you are on the wide-open throttle. It's there on low RPM but barely noticeable.

We offer the newest versions only, the catted has hangers and the catless does not
Yeah I’m looking for more and louder pops on the higher RPMs, especially when downshifting to a stop.
Will the AA catted down pipe provide this for me?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Yeah I’m looking for more and louder pops on the higher RPMs, especially when downshifting to a stop.
Will the AA catted down pipe provide this for me?
It does provide more sound then stock yes. Whether thats enough or you need catless will vary depending on the person.

I personally like the catted sound better than catless, its the perfect increase in my opinion. Catless is too raspy for my taste

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
It does provide more sound then stock yes. Whether thats enough or you need catless will vary depending on the person.

I personally like the catted sound better than catless, its the perfect increase in my opinion. Catless is too raspy for my taste
Awesome. I'm getting my bonus today so I'll place an order later today. Thank you.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P

Do I need a turbo to down pipe gasket?

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
I have the Powerneedy catted downpipe, at just over 500 miles so far with no codes thrown. It is louder than stock, but not a whole lot. Pops and crackles are a bit more noticeable.

You can reuse the stock gasket, if you take care when you remove it.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Do I need a turbo to down pipe gasket?
its not mandatory as you can re-use the stock one but we always recommend using new hardware to prevent any leaks

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
When will my AA Catted DP ship?
Please dm your order number, the current built time for these downpipes is 5-10 days

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Please dm your order number, the current built time for these downpipes is 5-10 days
Okay if it’s 5-10 days then I’m short a few days.
However, I’ve placed an order for burger Motorsport spacers. Order is X-58714, you messaged me one week later saying the 15mm is not in stock. I requested to cancel, and I haven’t heard back in four days.
Sponsored