Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 premium

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Still use my Valentine V1 from back in the day. Honestly I hate it now and I'm not really sure why it does what it does. 3-9 signals almost constantly on the highways, forward/backward, everything. I have it basically muted. Between that and Waze I'm usually ahead of any berries but it might be time for an upgrade!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Still use my Valentine V1 from back in the day. Honestly I hate it now and I'm not really sure why it does what it does. 3-9 signals almost constantly on the highways, forward/backward, everything. I have it basically muted. Between that and Waze I'm usually ahead of any berries but it might be time for an upgrade!
You need to disable X and K bands. Most mini vans and cars these days have blindspot monitors running on these frequencies.

My 20 year old V1 still holds its own against my new V1 Gen 2 model.

-RJM

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
You need to disable X and K bands. Most mini vans and cars these days have blindspot monitors running on these frequencies.

-RJM
He may not be able to with that unit. I could be wrong but I think it will still pick up most k bands even if he tries to disable it. I know on my R3 it still does even if it’s disabled.

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium

-RJM
AHHHH! Thats what it must be. I feel stupid I didnt even think about that. I started to think maybe it was Ohio's street lights having a sensor to turn on or something. It was non stop basically!

I always wondered if the V1 needed a firmware update or something being out of the box so many years ago but I never really checked it out.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AHHHH! Thats what it must be. I feel stupid I didnt even think about that. I started to think maybe it was Ohio's street lights having a sensor to turn on or something. It was non stop basically!

I always wondered if the V1 needed a firmware update or something being out of the box so many years ago but I never really checked it out.
Its super easy to turn off the bands. Just follow this guide.

-RJM
IMG_6562.jpeg

IMG_6563.jpeg

IMG_6564.png

IMG_6565.png

IMG_6566.png

IMG_6567.png

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

-RJM
IMG_6562.jpeg

IMG_6563.jpeg

IMG_6564.png

IMG_6565.png

IMG_6566.png

IMG_6567.png
Been a Valentine user forever with great results. I still run a V1 first gen in both mine and the wife's cars (I prefer the analog knobs/controls). Latest firmware with every band disabled except Ka and laser. Quiet as a church mouse unless there's a CHP running nearby (they leave their Ka running constantly...it's like a cop-finder lol). No false alarms from blindspot detection systems, cruise radar or automatic motion sensing doors in town.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

-RJM
IMG_6562.jpeg

IMG_6563.jpeg

IMG_6564.png

IMG_6565.png

IMG_6566.png

IMG_6567.png
I like how you say super easy & just follow this mile long guide 😂

Just messin with ya Loco 😝 You’d think they’d make one with an app nowadays to navigate all those functions.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like how you say super easy & just follow this mile long guide 😂

Just messin with ya Loco 😝 You’d think they’d make one with an app nowadays to navigate all those functions.
Its only 4 steps to change but the long list of what you can change seems overwhelming. lol

The newer Gen 2 models have the app you can connect for changes.
Sponsored