Radar Detector Direct Wire

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Actually it turned out that it turns off after a while on its own, not sure how long, but I know when I come back to my car, it’s off and as soon as I unlock or open the door, it comes back to life.
7 minutes. It's 7 minutes. Most of the circuits power up/down with the BCM, which has a 7 minute post-turn-off timer.
Sponsored

jram

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT, 2022 BMW X5, 2020 Infinity Q50
For those with V1 ver 2, I ordered Blendmount BV1-2025 but they changed my order to bv1-2017 based on the picture i sent them. Also from the smudges you can tell it's probably a good move to wear gloves while installing.

RadarInstall.jpg

kevolution

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro, '18 Porsche Macan
Finally got around to doing the hardwire install today for the R7. The plastic cover was a pain to pry open but at least the clips somehow stayed in tact when it finally popped open. Tried sliding in the taps with all the cables and components in place but it was just not enough space to work around the mirror. Slid off the mirror and it was much easier to stick the taps into the right holes in the connector. Popping the plastic shroud back was much easier than taking it apart, and everything works without a hitch!

radar.JPG

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
7 minutes. It's 7 minutes. Most of the circuits power up/down with the BCM, which has a 7 minute post-turn-off timer.
Anyone know if this timer can be adjusted with Bimmercode?

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Sorry to revive an old thread but decided to hardwire my radar since my cigarette lighter blew a fuse and I can’t seem to get this part not drooping down. Any remedies or something I’m missing? I have the top two connectors at the top inside the hole

IMG_2111.jpeg

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Sorry to revive an old thread but decided to hardwire my radar since my cigarette lighter blew a fuse and I can’t seem to get this part not drooping down. Any remedies or something I’m missing? I have the top two connectors at the top inside the hole

IMG_2111.jpeg
If you press on the middle of that thing (right on the seam) it splits in two. It's kind of a clamshell.

I figured it out by watching a video that may have been about replacing either the mirror or windscreen.
Sponsored