I’d like some help on finding a good radar detector

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Uniden R7 or Valentine One 2nd generation. These have arrows to tell you where the radar signal is coming from. I had the Valentine one 1st gen and the arrows were a huge help. I have the Uniden R7 and it has been awesome with a lot of programmable options. The R7 has arrows too very helpful.
Sponsored

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
FREE Waze. It has never failed and 0 false alarms
Agreed. With Lidar a detector is practically useless. However, I would not say there are no false alarms because the police tags stay on even after they've left that particular spot. I'm not sure how it's programmed but it seems like multiple users have to hit the no longer there reply before the tag is deleted. That's minor though - better safe than sorry.

Waze is by far the best detector I've ever used.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Uniden r7 is the best I've used. And I've used all of them
+1 for uniden R7 I've got two of them. Got refurbs for $399 on ebay and both showed up as brand new with all accessories and case.

They've easily paid for themselves on several occasions.

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 45th Anniversary Mikan Blast
A buddy of mine always runs K40 in all his BMWs because he turns it on from his sun visor and the display appears on the cluster (so he can run it while driving in VA). Any feedback on running this in the Supra or any other hidden systems? Just in case I have to drive through VA…
Sponsored