Rattle from the front dash

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
I got a very annoying rattle coming from the front sometimes. It’s mainly because my exhaust drones quite alot at 2K rpm with the valves open. I had this sound before but when I installed the new downpipe it got alot louder.
Obviously a more quiet exhaust would solve this, but I love the sound now.

I know it might be hard to point out but my rattle comes from somewhere in the front dash or behind it. I removed the speaker cover behind the screen and made sure the screws are tight there but the rattle is so hard to locate. Altough I did not remove the screen because it doesn’t sound like the sound is coming from there.

In the video you can hear the sound. And I’m only filming the speaker because I thought that was the problem in the beginning.

Does anybody else had this same problem? Do I have to remove the whole dash to find this rattle? 😅

Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
It's the whole head unit. If you push down on the screen from the top, not the screen itself, if that makes sense. The rattle should go away, but I don't know how to fix it.

OP
OP
Tri5tate

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
It's the whole head unit. If you push down on the screen from the top, not the screen itself, if that makes sense. The rattle should go away, but I don't know how to fix it.
I’ll try that next time to see if it stops it. Now I have pushed on several panels to see if that stops but I might need help from someone regarding this.
I guess if it’s the whole head unit then I gotta remove it and put some foam there. Sigh…

OP
OP
Tri5tate

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Removed both the LCD and speaker cover but with no result.
If anybody has an idea I would be very grateful. I guess otherwise I just have to pull the entire dash.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Also check your rear view mirror and if you have a dash cam.. and any suction cups for accessories on the windshield if you have any.

My car use to make this rattle/buzz noise and it was coming from the rear view mirror itself. Bimmercoded out the faux engine noise and fixed.

OP
OP
Tri5tate

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Also check your rear view mirror and if you have a dash cam.. and any suction cups for accessories on the windshield if you have any.

My car use to make this rattle/buzz noise and it was coming from the rear view mirror itself. Bimmercoded out the faux engine noise and fixed.
Thanks for the tip. ASD Is already coded out but my exhaust drones at 2K rpm. I can live with the drone but the rattle is annoying. Ofc replacing the exhaust or adding a resonator would be the best option but hopefully I can find the source of the sound.
Will check the rear view mirror tomorrow. It’s easy to get fooled where the sound comes from.
Sponsored