Reality Bites

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Well, I have to face reality. I’m not gonna be a Supra owner. The price of admission is too high. I’ve enjoyed participating here. Its more likely that I’ll be buying a GR86. Not that that’s a bad thing. Besides, I’ll be able to row my own gears.? San Diego Dudes, if a guy in a red GR86 says hey, it’ll probably be me.
Even though I previously bad mouthed Carvana, they offered me $14,100 for my 2013 Prius, which is $4,000 less than I paid Carmax in 2016/17. Hoping to be able to take advantage of that.
Enjoy your cars. C-YA
Like what has been said, stick around hang out. I didn't think I was going to be able to get my Supra. Took me a year of planning and budgeting to get things in order and here I am. Had it special ordered in April. All my friends were in shock because they lost hope I was because I was talking about it for so long haha if the Supra is what you want, save and get it.
Sponsored

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Bullshit, I'll see you in the New Owners thread in 6 months or so. You can pull this off, I already get from your tone you'd be a good owners so i'm sending you good "make it happen" energy, homie.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
@Grady60 not gonna lie, me and a buddy of mine off the forums have been trying dealerships here in san diego for you bro, so just cause "you think" you gave up, doesn't mean we have. Shiet i've been looking for @mokleen too, i'm looking for both you guys cause i already have mine, now it's time to share the same joy for the people who want it too.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
@Grady60 not gonna lie, me and a buddy of mine off the forums have been trying dealerships here in san diego for you bro, so just cause "you think" you gave up, doesn't mean we have. Shiet i've been looking for @mokleen too, i'm looking for both you guys cause i already have mine, now it's time to share the same joy for the people who want it too.
Thanks. Norm Reeves has a 2.0 in Turbulence Grey. Hopefully getting my cast off so I can test drive it. I contacted them in July, but they had jacked the price up by $5000

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Norm Reeves has a 2.0 in Turbulence Grey. Hopefully getting my cast off so I can test drive it. I contacted them in July, but they had jacked the price up by $5000
Let me know when you decide to go, i bought my car from Norm Reeves, i think my salesman might still be there, he owes me one if anything lol. He couldn't secure a deal for me when i got 2 of my buddies back to back supras one day after another. An A91 refraction and a white MY21 lol.
CB92E79A-43ED-4905-8D70-767514EF198E.jpeg

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullshit, I'll see you in the New Owners thread in 6 months or so. You can pull this off, I already get from your tone you'd be a good owners so i'm sending you good "make it happen" energy, homie.
Thanks

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Props for maning up instead of dumping your entire monthly paycheck like a fool into the car payments like a few people out there…. You will get there eventually…. I wonder on how some of the people earning $13 per hour can afford a Supra. Lol ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Props for maning up instead of dumping their entire monthly paycheck like a fool into the car payments like A few people out there…. You will get there eventually…. I wonder on how some of the people earning $13 per hour can afford a Supra. Lol ?
If the GR86 comes in at the low $30k as rumored, and I can still get $14k that Carvana valued my Prius at, I think that’s a lot more doable.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Props for maning up instead of dumping their entire monthly paycheck like a fool into the car payments like A few people out there…. You will get there eventually…. I wonder on how some of the people earning $13 per hour can afford a Supra. Lol ?
Soundcloud and promoting mixtapes outside your local grocery store. ??

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
OP - If you really want the Supra just save up and buy it later. No need to rush and get a GR86. It's not a comparable car to the Supra.. You'll be kicking yourself when a stock GTI or a lightly modded one blows past you and a kid sitting in the back seat with chocolate all over his face points at you and waves bye bye.

You were able to survive in a Prius for a long time, a few more years is not going to make much of a difference, probably... (?). Just telling you straight since reality is what it is. I look in the mirror every day and get reminded reality sucks.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
OP, if your open to the 2.0 Supra my local dealer has a red one that’s been on the lot a long time. I got a really good discount on my 3.0 in June so let me know if your interested. They would ship it, they’ve sent a few out west.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP - If you really want the Supra just save up and buy it later. No need to rush and get a GR86. It's not a comparable car to the Supra.. You'll be kicking yourself when a stock GTI or a lightly modded one blows past you and a kid sitting in the back seat with chocolate all over his face points at you and waves bye bye.

You were able to survive in a Prius for a long time, a few more years is not going to make much of a difference, probably... (?). Just telling you straight since reality is what it is. I look in the mirror every day and get reminded reality sucks.
And I had an MR2 Spider before the 4 Priuses since 2005. Best car ever. First thing I have to do is test drive the Supra. I’m not a young guy anymore

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP, if your open to the 2.0 Supra my local dealer has a red one that’s been on the lot a long time. I got a really good discount on my 3.0 in June so let me know if your interested. They would ship it, they’ve sent a few out west.
Yep the 2.0 would be the one.