Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi TTS FinalEdition & Mazda 2.0 ND, ex SupraPro
300 quid for a new wheel? That seems insanely cheap.
£360 on ebay, less a 20% off Ebay promotion running on certain sellers , hence the £300.
Sponsored

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
£360 on ebay, less a 20% off Ebay promotion running on certain sellers , hence the £300.
Very surprising. I just looked them up here, and they aren't much more than that. Pretty inexpensive for a forged OEM wheel.

Regardless - as has been discussed ad nauseum, repairing is the right way to go! Here in the US, we have mobile wheel repair services. They just show up to your house and perform the repair. Anything like that there?

Surprised someone from a wheel shop told you they were chrome... I assume he either just didn't want to be bothered, or wanted to sell you something new, instead.

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi TTS FinalEdition & Mazda 2.0 ND, ex SupraPro
Very surprising. I just looked them up here, and they aren't much more than that. Pretty inexpensive for a forged OEM wheel.

Regardless - as has been discussed ad nauseum, repairing is the right way to go! Here in the US, we have mobile wheel repair services. They just show up to your house and perform the repair. Anything like that there?

Surprised someone from a wheel shop told you they were chrome... I assume he either just didn't want to be bothered, or wanted to sell you something new, instead.
Still undecided whether to give it a go myself or get the wheels refurbished a different colour which is around the £400 mark. I did think of buying a new one but i thought if I pay £600 for 2 new ones and then slightly kerb them Im back to where i started, can always get a refurbed, refurbed again for a lot cheaper.

Mattyb

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra
Still undecided whether to give it a go myself or get the wheels refurbished a different colour which is around the £400 mark. I did think of buying a new one but i thought if I pay £600 for 2 new ones and then slightly kerb them Im back to where i started, can always get a refurbed, refurbed again for a lot cheaper.
Sorry to reactivate an old thread but I’m intrigued to see the results if you repaired them yourself.
I was in Islington the other weekend and caught my nearside front on a width restriction which made me wince a little.
First bit of kerb damage after a year of ownership from new and 6000 miles of UK/London driving

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
You can typically find used OEM wheels pretty cheap. I’ve seen a set of all 4 with tires for around the price of the tires themselves. I’ve been offered a set of powered coated bronze wheels for $500 for all 4.
Id just keep an eye out for a set for sale. If you want to keep the OEMs. Personally, I’d go with a set aftermarket wheels. Mainly because, the OEM Ones don’t look all that great Imo. I’m just waiting for the OEM tires to be worn down and see if I can cancel my wheel and tire warranty. It’s definitely come in handy for sure. But if I go aftermarket, I’m pretty sure it voids them.

You can also dip them or whatever. I think you can get a kit for like $50. I’ve seen people get pretty good results with those. It’s just tedious work. But really, what type of modding isn’t tedious?