RESOLVED: My experience with Filthy Unicorn Auto Studio

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Damage is done, share this with the Florida A90 group, there’s quite a large group in Tampa and it would be great to give the community a heads up!
Sponsored

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
I’ve seen some wild stuff come thru our shop, but holy moly this is bad. Removing that emblem instead of just plotting around it is a goofy decision anyhow. What are you doing?? Protecting the paint already protected under the emblem?

Actual trash.

I’m just a dumbass with an opinion, but those saying you should have returned it to let them fix this are straight up wrong. They lost that opportunity immediately upon knowingly delivering this level of quality, and not addressing it THAT moment. I’ve absolutely goofed peoples stuff before so I understand mistakes, but what you never do is ignore them.

the comment about having already having removed all the lights etc from the shop but still proceeding with the job, while simultaneously claiming to care about quality is also hilariously counterintuitive.

“Hey this is probably going to suck. Send it.”

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
The Supra is a rough car to ppf correct. Mine had to be done twice to get it right. I didn’t go online and try to make a stink I reached out to the dealer I got the car from and talked to the owner who offered me a loaner car for a few hours since it was an hour drive from home and paid for lunch while I was there. Mistakes will happen, it’s how u react and fix it is what defines a business.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
The Supra is a rough car to ppf correct. Mine had to be done twice to get it right. I didn’t go online and try to make a stink I reached out to the dealer I got the car from and talked to the owner who offered me a loaner car for a few hours since it was an hour drive from home and paid for lunch while I was there. Mistakes will happen, it’s how u react and fix it is what defines a business.
it’s not that hard for a skilled PPF guy. Some installers are just lazy.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Looks like your shop does absolute dogshit work. Shocking that you even manage to get 35% of your business from repeat customers.

Maybe learn to manage your business and you won’t have to write such long posts.

Edit: looks like you should fix all the damage that you caused in addition to the refund. ✌
I agree. Prevent damage control, by doing good work and the NEED for damage control. Also, maybe the OP didn't want to come back because, his car was messed up and he didn't trust hands on it again, nor another conversation. Looks like the additional damage should be rectified, in addition to the refund.

RaceReX

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium, 2009 SRF
"I can't believe something like this left my shop" said the owner of the shop that was okay with something like this leaving their shop.
I agree wholeheartedly.

whomever is responsible at the shop should have inspected the car properly, rather than do the 20/20 test (looks good from 20 feet).

Charles “reasons” (loss of manager, shop move) sound more like excuses than anything else.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
If you placed it on a credit card you can file a dispute? That will get their attention
Once he left the business; credit card companies will not help because he accepted the work. What bunch of BS.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
whomever is responsible at the shop should have inspected the car properly, rather than do the 20/20 test (looks good from 20 feet).
Don't forget about the actual guy doing the install.... Guy is clearly not qualified to work in this field. Add no "manager" to do a QC, and an owner with a slew of excuses like "we didn't have proper lighting to install PPF" (then why did you preform the work in this shop?), sounds like an owner providing the "Just Good Enough" business model.

Last edited:

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
QA/QC can make or break a business. I totally understand why the OP wouldn't take his car back to that "filthy" shop, for a "touchup" job on the bumper wouldn't cut it for me...never looks good. That bumper now needs to be sanded and repainted, which also might not look right, if the color match isn't spot on...what a nightmare 🙄

OP
OP
EvilMKV

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
UPDATE

After several conversations with Charles and working with him and the owner of the company that is currently working on my car to get it back to spec, we came to a resolution which I am happy with. It was an unfortunate series of events but I believe once the true nature of my issues were finally seen by him, he understood that this was not something that should have left their shop. He made sure after that point that he would do what was required to make things right, and he did.

I do not wish any ill will on them and hope it was an isolated incident which they're able to learn from and put measures in place to ensure this never happens again. This is a tough business to be in as most people that have expensive work like this done is because they are compassionate about their cars and expect perfection, which can be tough to achieve.

At this point I'm ready to get my car back and put this all behind me.

I will say, that I absolutely made the right choice in waiting for this color, cuz good lord it looks good. lol

1694782952505.png

OP
OP
EvilMKV

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Got the car back today from being repaired and the work redone on the car at Presidential Detailing in Tampa, and it's amazing. This was the result I was hoping for from the start. The change in depth of the paint from the two stage polish they did even surprised them. They didn't expect it to be as drastic of a difference as it turned out to be. I can't find a single thing wrong.

20230915_141958.jpg
20230915_142007.jpg
20230915_142020.jpg
20230915_142038.jpg
20230915_142059.jpg
20230915_142220.jpg

Last edited:

Charles

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several
Car looks awesome! Now hopefully you can enjoy it. If your looking for some thing to do, the West Palm Beach 10th Anniversary C&C is Sunday. A bit of a drive, but should be worth it!

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Got the car back today from being repaired and the work redone on the car at Presidential Detailing in Tampa, and it's amazing. This was the result I was hoping for from the start. The change in depth of the paint from the two stage polish they did even surprised them. They didn't expect it to be as drastic of a difference as it turned out to be. I can't find a single thing wrong.
20230915_142220.jpg
happy for you bro, i love this color :)
Sponsored