Rexspeed Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel

jayjay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022, VW Atlas
Was wondering if anyone got one of these and how do you like it? Is the core an OEM replacement? Any concerns or word of advise?
Sponsored

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Was wondering if anyone got one of these and how do you like it? Is the core an OEM replacement? Any concerns or word of advise?
The steering wheels all come from the same factory in Asia, and venders mark up the price and say the quality is better, but that's not the case. Check Aliexpress, and you'll find the identical wheel for less than half price of the vendors. You'll find some threads on this website regarding the issue. Ebay is pricey compared to Aliexpress. You will not need to send in your core. Aliexpress will send your new one, and you should have it in about 10 days. price is roughly $500usd.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Yup, relatively easy install. Not sure what you mean about the core... Pop out airbags, remove steering wheel, separate electronics/wiring harness/paddle shifters from stock steering wheel, install these in new steering wheel then mount it back on and reinstall airbag. Poking the spings to relase the airbags was the most annoying part.

It is good to me since it retains the existing functions of the steering wheel and I never liked the feel and material on stock steering wheel. Also it matches the red interior of my car (which is less common nowadays I think). That said, I would only recommend changing the steering wheel if you don't like the stock one.

Not sure what Heavy Foot is on about pricing. Rexpeed is pretty competitive IMO.

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
I picked up a Rexspeed steering wheel about a month ago through A90 Shop when they were on sale for $480. I got leather, white stitching and a white center stripe. Overall Im happy, but there are a few defects. The old saying you get what you pay for is definitely true in this case. Most of these steering wheels are made in China or Taiwan, but I wouldnt go as far to say theyre all made in the same factory or are all the at the same level of quality. Ive seen more expensive ones that are definitely put together a bit nicer. But for $480, about half of what the majority of these are going for, its a good deal and overall a decent wheel for the money. One thing that is nice is that Rexspeed doesnt have is a core charge. So you dont have to mail anything back to them and you can keep your OEM wheel.

Here are a few pics of some of the defects Im talking about. Most of them are on the back side or are covered by trim pieces so you cant see them once its installed. But some corners were definitely cut.

IMG-7173.jpg

IMG-7172.jpg
IMG-7177.jpg
IMG-7284.PNG

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Okay so I sell steering wheels for a very slight markup, like between 699-749 shipped, not the rexspeed tho, they do NOT use an oem bmw core, Many on the other hand do use an oem bmw core, the company in Tawian that makes mine is the same supplier for carbontastic. If you want a good quality wheel with an OEM Bmw core, send me a message.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
The steering wheels all come from the same factory in Asia, and venders mark up the price and say the quality is better, but that's not the case. Check Aliexpress, and you'll find the identical wheel for less than half price of the vendors. You'll find some threads on this website regarding the issue. Ebay is pricey compared to Aliexpress. You will not need to send in your core. Aliexpress will send your new one, and you should have it in about 10 days. price is roughly $500usd.
our steering wheels do not come from China, all of them are custom-made in the US and our price is one the lowest on the market.

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
Okay so I sell steering wheels for a very slight markup, like between 699-749 shipped, not the rexspeed tho, they do NOT use an oem bmw core, Many on the other hand do use an oem bmw core, the company in Tawian that makes mine is the same supplier for carbontastic. If you want a good quality wheel with an OEM Bmw core, send me a message.
Yea you can definitely see that with the quality of the coreā€¦itā€™s not even close to OEM. So thatā€™s gotta be the $300-$400 difference between other brands and Rexspeeds. They must be sourcing cheap cores from wherever.

On a positive noteā€¦the CF they use on their interior parts matches the OEM CF pretty much perfectly. Their stuff is the closest match Iā€™ve seen compared to OLM or NV Specialtiesā€¦not saying the quality is the same as those other brands. But the weve and color is pretty much identical to OEM

3B4F570C-01B7-4957-884A-14D6B673A4F2.jpeg

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
our steering wheels do not come from China, all of them are custom-made in the US and our price is one the lowest on the market.
Can you quote or PM me a price on a CF one with blue please. Any pics of yours would be helpful as well.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Can you quote or PM me a price on a CF one with blue please. Any pics of yours would be helpful as well.
Here is the product link
https://x-ph.com/xph-toyota-supra-custom-steering-wheel/

Boxed setup price is $799 shipped, ships right away
Custom steering wheel prices start at $899 (takes a few weeks to ship)

Here is our boxed setups

• Gloss carbon center , yellow stitching, yellow center stripe, perforated leather sides
  • Gloss carbon center , yellow stitching, yellow center stripe, alcantara sides
  • Gloss carbon center , red stitching, red center stripe, perforated leather sides
  • Gloss carbon center , red stitching, red center stripe, alcantara sides
  • Gloss carbon center , white stitching, white center stripe, perforated leather sides
  • Gloss carbon center , white stitching, white center stripe, alcantara sides

1382-A0CD-4C21-8685-2E2A6337D734__80458.1638579371.jpg
10E9-3F43-46CF-81AD-E681CD134B9C__86849.1638579371.jpg

OP
OP

jayjay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022, VW Atlas
Here is the product link
https://x-ph.com/xph-toyota-supra-custom-steering-wheel/

Boxed setup price is $799 shipped, ships right away
Custom steering wheel prices start at $899 (takes a few weeks to ship)

Here is our boxed setups

• Gloss carbon center , yellow stitching, yellow center stripe, perforated leather sides
  • Gloss carbon center , yellow stitching, yellow center stripe, alcantara sides
  • Gloss carbon center , red stitching, red center stripe, perforated leather sides
  • Gloss carbon center , red stitching, red center stripe, alcantara sides
  • Gloss carbon center , white stitching, white center stripe, perforated leather sides
  • Gloss carbon center , white stitching, white center stripe, alcantara sides

1382-A0CD-4C21-8685-2E2A6337D734__80458.1638579371.jpg
10E9-3F43-46CF-81AD-E681CD134B9C__86849.1638579371.jpg
Are they OEM core?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Are they OEM core?
I don't think so, but they are not from China.

The cores come from Europe and all the work is done by a technician in Florida.
Sponsored