Andrew__a90

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Does anyone want to start a Richmond group somewhere?
I’m in the Midlo area.
Saw another Supra today in a car wash bay and it made me want to ride with other peeps.
I’m in Chesterfield so super close, I saw a black Supra at a car wash! Was it a yellow one that you saw because it was probably me 🤣
Sponsored

Brazuca

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I’m in Chesterfield so super close, I saw a black Supra at a car wash! Was it a yellow one that you saw because it was probably me 🤣
I’m near the Chesterfield Mall.
The one I saw in the car wash was silver and had a “BMW MKV” plate. Haha.
I know 2 people whom have Supras and they’re both yellows. Haha. One is super modded, and the other is super stock.

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I just joined the club, and I’m located in Midlothian.
Nice dude. I'm in Short Pump area, and run Import Autohaus in Richmond. If anyone local wants to get together for Mountain cruises, The Blue Ridge Road Rally is monthly. Unfortunately they just had June's yesterday. Otherwise if anyone wants to get together let me know! I'm down. Also, I bought my shit wholesale, so nobody make fun of my ugly ass car when we meet!

95PreludeSi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra, 2005 Ford Mustang
I’m out of town for the next two weeks, but I’ll be back around mid July

95PreludeSi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I usually wrench on everything I have, but good to know there is a Supra owner at Import Autohaus. I didn’t ever realize that shop was there. I’m in Brandermill.

Brazuca

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
It sounds like that's 4 or 5 peeps now around this area.
Nice dude. I'm in Short Pump area, and run Import Autohaus in Richmond. If anyone local wants to get together for Mountain cruises, The Blue Ridge Road Rally is monthly. Unfortunately they just had June's yesterday. Otherwise if anyone wants to get together let me know! I'm down. Also, I bought my shit wholesale, so nobody make fun of my ugly ass car when we meet!
Have you been to the rallys before? I've never done a mountain run and I read a couple of things on FB that made me think that people go crazy during those. Any thoughts? Would love to get a group here together.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Have you been to the rallys before? I've never done a mountain run and I read a couple of things on FB that made me think that people go crazy during those. Any thoughts? Would love to get a group here together.
My personal thoughts on the rally group... Think the organizers are good guys w good intentions. It is a LARGE group with most of the particiapnts being young. They are not nearly the skilled group they think they are. There are a lot of tickets, break downs, rocks thrown into windshields and always a couple incidents.

I wouldn't mind running some back roads or the tail of dragon with 3 or 4 friends that i know and trust. But 50 young guys in hopped up civics, focus, and vws is not my thing. Passing on double lines, blasting through small towns, speed well above their skill does not help the car community. .02

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Yes, I've been to about 6-7 of them total. I was 1 of 5 Supras in the last one I went to. I was 1 of 3 Nocturnal Black Supras. I was 1 of 1 Nocturnal Black Supras who didn't drive beyond their abilities and didn't crash. That being said, if you know your limits, and don't get all macho, and go out with the group that drives like you do, nothing stupid will happen. The guys that put it on are great. They do a lot of planning and spend a lot of their free time to set up something that is always fun. There are plenty of cops and troopers on the course. If you speed in towns, or do teenager shit, you'll get stopped. Simple as that. There are also a few VW guys local here that put on a much smaller mountain cruise (had an S3 before this) and that is also a lot of fun. People on facebook make shit out to be more than it really is. We've had a few accidents on the Rallys, but never something where someone got hurt, or it was multiple cars involved. One of the supras hit gravel and spun. One hit gravel and spun twice and hit a guard rail. A BRZ slid off an enbankment once. A 7-800hp Mustang drove outside his ability and slammed into a berm. The usual stuff.

95PreludeSi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m too old for that.

I have 24 hours of lemons car, and attend autocrosses from time to time. I have no need to prove myself on a public road.

Anyone want to meet at a C&C or VMSC event?

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I’m too old for that.

I have 24 hours of lemons car, and attend autocrosses from time to time. I have no need to prove myself on a public road.

Anyone want to meet at a C&C or VMSC event?
Neither 24hrs or autocross will replicate a good mountain run. Neither will track time on a bike. All of which I've participated in. Not really sure about the proving yourself comment...that's not exactly the reasoning behind it, but to each their own. Cruising through the mountains has nothing to do with age, as I'm likely as old, or older than you. Just being out and about with like minded friends cruising and hitting some twisties, that's where the happiness lies.

Cars & Coffee is cancelled until Kenny finds a new location. He promises it's coming closer and closer, but no solid updates yet.

Brazuca

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Thank you @Joebednar4 and @Rocksandblues for the insight on the rally runs. Sounds like I should get more comfortable with the car before attempting anything like that. Maybe I just need the "old and slow" group to ride with.

Having said that, I would be down for something like C&C (whenever that comes back up) or even just s meet up somewhere around RVA. I have a 9-5, and then I'm mostly free after that.

ericchen_ec

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thank you @Joebednar4 and @Rocksandblues for the insight on the rally runs. Sounds like I should get more comfortable with the car before attempting anything like that. Maybe I just need the "old and slow" group to ride with.

Having said that, I would be down for something like C&C (whenever that comes back up) or even just s meet up somewhere around RVA. I have a 9-5, and then I'm mostly free after that.
Can practice driving the car at dominion raceway, they have track days for novices and those who are learning. I plan on learning there next year.

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

They have a Goochland Cars & Coffee and a Charlottesville one as well, coming up. Charlottesville does the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month, so this Saturday. We could always meet up early beforehand and cruise out there together. Feel free to PM me and we can get a group chat going.
Sponsored