S58 better option?

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
Will the s58 fit in the supra is my main question? My thoughts for those going for big numbers planning built motor and top mount. The s58 is all Forged internals, twin turbo. Capable of handling 1k horsepower without big turbo kit and without upgrading any internals would the swap be worth it? Considering the cost of too mount, built motor and ecu, you could swap to the s58 and unlock ecu and get axles cause the S58 trans is stronger as well.
Sponsored

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
Building your b58 would be much cheaper. Big single turbos can also be better than twins, especially on 6 cylinders. Another downside would be the sound, s58s do sound quite raspy.

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Building your b58 would be much cheaper. Big single turbos can also be better than twins, especially on 6 cylinders. Another downside would be the sound, s58s do sound quite raspy.
Seen x3Ms pushing 900 easily in NY. Rotating assembly is forged and you can still keep relatively quick spool times cause the turbos wouldn5 have to be as big... am I missing something

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
Seen x3Ms pushing 900 easily in NY. Rotating assembly is forged and you can still keep relatively quick spool times cause the turbos wouldn5 have to be as big... am I missing something
Yeah s58s very tout platforms but so are built b58s. I believe the reason why people switch from twins to bigger single is the top end is better. Some f8x guys switched with good results. Antilag is an option out the box with tuning softwares nowadays, if that don't work a little nitrous can help. S58 swapping just seems like a bigger headache than sending your b58 to get built.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Hot take: single is always better. You run twins when you have a packaging problem.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Only one way to find out :p
Ask Papadakis how much it took them to put 2JZ in or the GT86 w/ Ferrari engine lol.

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah s58s very tout platforms but so are built b58s. I believe the reason why people switch from twins to bigger single is the top end is better. Some f8x guys switched with good results. Antilag is an option out the box with tuning softwares nowadays, if that don't work a little nitrous can help. S58 swapping just seems like a bigger headache than sending your b58 to get built.
Thanx for the point of view Def makes sense

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
The advances in turbo tech, Single is always better (not cooler though) than twin turbo.

It is 30 year old tech, but, the GTX single on my 2JZ makes more boost, earlier, than the standard twins, and will happily rev to 7200 and make power all the way there.

I've actually had to limit it to boost vs TPS, it's that responsive.
Sponsored