Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
sheesh, i didn't see that Larry H had a 3.0... that dealer is literally 10 minutes from me lol
I’m afraid I’ve become obsessed with the car.
Sponsored

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What does your shop specialize it?
Originally Evo 8/9/X, Subies, all generation Skyline from (R32-R34) GTR & GTT platforms, MKIV Supra's, and now we're touching bases with the MKV platform. My personal MKV is my tinkering project along with a handful of other 2020/2021's. ?? We do work on every and any car though, we do not discriminate. We're not big cause we don't promote ourselves like that but i do stand by our work as honest since i'm the lead mechanic lol. I treat all projects like they're mine.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Those clowns at Mossy Toyota STILL have the red 3.0 on their website. Guess that customer it was reserved for bailed.?

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Those clowns at Mossy Toyota STILL have the red 3.0 on their website. Guess that customer it was reserved for bailed.?
They've been saying it's reserved lol. Me and my boy wanted to check it out yesterday, i would've told you to get it if i've seen in person but they said it was "reserved" so we just said fuck it and didn't go lol

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They've been saying it's reserved lol. Me and my boy wanted to check it out yesterday, i would've told you to get it if i've seen in person but they said it was "reserved" so we just said fuck it and didn't go lol
They’re dicks. They had a Hakone Edition of the 86 marked up double.
They also had the first Supra in San Diego, and doubled the price to 100k. If I do get a Supra, it will be the 2.0. Been making myself crazy trying to figure out a way to afford the 3.0. Not gonna happen.
Chula Vista Toyota has a red 3.0, Larry Miller has a Turbulence Gray 3.0. Toyota Escondido has a Turbulence Gray 2.0 and Norm Reeves has a 2022 Turbulence Gray, and that’s all the Supras in San Diego County.
Once my cast comes off, I plan to try and test drive a 2.0 if they’re still available. Norm Reeves is close to home, but I told their Internet Sales guy at the beginning of August that $5000 over invoice was greedy, so I don’t know if I’d be welcome there.

Last edited:

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm just playing the waiting game.... Hopefully Jeff will come through with a blow out sale... If you are seeing this Jeff. I'm ready now...

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Wishing the best for both of you, @Grady60 @mokleen lets setup a cruise when you guys both get into yours. ?? My guess also is that the Supra deals will be sweeter the moment the first Z hits San Diego dealers.... so if not soon, your options will be better when the new Z rolls lol.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Carmax offered me $10,900 for my 2013 Prius with 53,000 miles. Carvana offered $14,000. I can wait, although I may not get as much. The GR86 is supposed to be available in November. Hoping there will be more GR Supra stock as well.

SneakylilPetey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
You guys buy cars for MSRP? No way in hell I would buy one. It's either show me the dealer invoice sheet that includes the holdback amount or I'm going out the door.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You guys buy cars for MSRP? No way in hell I would buy one. It's either show me the dealer invoice sheet that includes the holdback amount or I'm going out the door.
Yeah, that’s not gonna happen. They know they can get more than MSRP. There are very few at dealers. Maybe in late 2022 or 2023

SneakylilPetey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Yeah, that’s not gonna happen. They know they can get more than MSRP. There are very few at dealers. Maybe in late 2022 or 2023
I paid well below MSRP for my 21 A91 in south east Texas. Sad that some dealers can get $60k for a car that doesn't even have android auto, cooled seats, or a decent sound system

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I paid well below MSRP for my 21 A91 in south east Texas. Sad that some dealers can get $60k for a car that doesn't even have android auto, cooled seats, or a decent sound system
Hey man, it's nice you found a good deal, but you gotta remember friend price depends on area.

I'm sure most people don't even know what South East Texas is like, but large market areas like LA/SD, everyone knows of.

That will always drive up price. Kinda like Cost of Living right? :p

SneakylilPetey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Hey man, it's nice you found a good deal, but you gotta remember friend price depends on area.

I'm sure most people don't even know what South East Texas is like, but large market areas like LA/SD, everyone knows of.

That will always drive up price. Kinda like Cost of Living right? :p
You got that right. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton back in 02-06 and lived out in Oceanside.
Sponsored