Screen brightness

Prodrift

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Recall doesn't fix the lack of brightness. It only fixes the dimmest brightness setting to not completely black out the screen.
I believe Carguy11 used BimmerCode to, if I understand correctly, to disable the auto adjusting brightness setting so that it won't dim based on sensor input. So, I don't think that is to increase brightness beyond the existing max settings.. I haven't tried it so can't report.
Yeah that’s exactly it. It won’t make it brighter than the max brightness but it’ll prevent the sensors from dimming it all together. It basically gives you the full control over how bright or dim the screen is without the pesky sensors having any say in it.
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I just used Bimmercode to reprogram and fix my issue with dim screen and also removed the annoying startup warning message....Way better screen visibility during daytime now...

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro
noticed this after i got the car tinted. its not that bad. toyota needs to get on the issue though and let you adjust accordingly

Mukee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Premium 2021
There is a sensor on each side of the gauge cluster.
If you shine a light aimed at the fuel gauge on the left side, the display will brighten.
Same result if you shine a light aimed at the temperature gauge on the right side.
Ok, so once you shine the light at the gauges, how do you actually fix the control display brightness?! I have the same issue in my 2021 Supra (in addition to the navigation, which requires a code, but is not supplied at delivery, which issue is a separate thread here, I believe).

hwolfie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Yeah that’s exactly it. It won’t make it brighter than the max brightness but it’ll prevent the sensors from dimming it all together. It basically gives you the full control over how bright or dim the screen is without the pesky sensors having any say in it.
I opened a Case with Toyota for the Dim Display issue. I am still working with them but I am not hopeful that I will get anywhere working with Toyota Support but I hopefully I am wrong. I plan to escalate this to corporate if support does not work. Support is not acting like it is a widespread problem with Supra owners but they are acting like it is unique to my car. I am not hopeful I'll get anywhere.
One thing Supra owners can do regards the dim display problen is to call Toyota Support, explain to them what is the problem and open a Case to have a supervisor take over. Maybe if enough owners open cases they will do something.
The last resort option is to try to get a Class Action against Toyota if nothing else works.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Bimmercode fix:

Z4
Headunit
• Expert
• DISPLAY_PIP_CONFIG