Shmee video: I've Bought a New Toyota GR Supra! First Look

Blissya

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Golf Gti, Up Gti
Personally as I don’t like matte paint, there’s nothing to gain from trying apart from probably better future value!

Edit. And even if I pay for a colour option (£710) the special edition is still £1785 more.
Sponsored

NOx31

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Toyota Supra twin turbo auto, 2013 Toyota GT86 manual
I'm sold for the matte silver paint, but not a huge fan of the black and red interior. So it wouldn't be a big deal if I couldn't order the A90-edition here in Belgium, as you can order this color anyway :). But just sent my dealer a mail requesting more info :D.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
I'm sold for the matte silver paint, but not a huge fan of the black and red interior. So it wouldn't be a big deal if I couldn't order the A90-edition here in Belgium, as you can order this color anyway :). But just sent my dealer a mail requesting more info :D.
That is the point i need to find out: If every option included in those limited A90 special is available for the premium trim too, the "Launch Edition" is a bad joke. Cause only for getting a certifcate there is no need for that circus.

NOx31

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That is the point i need to find out: If every option included in those limited A90 special is available for the premium trim too, the "Launch Edition" is a bad joke. Cause only for getting a certifcate there is no need for that circus.
As far as I know, the only bespoke things for the A90-edition are the interior color-combo, the all-black wheels and the (non-numbered) certificate that it is one of the 90 cars. Let's keep each other updated when we get more info from the dealer ;).

Last edited:

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
I want to see this Downshift Blue color damnit... Come on toyota show it too me!

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BTW: If you’d like to order that matte grey on a Z4, you need to pay 3,300 Euro for that. It’s 2,400 more than a standard metallic color. So the more you have to pay for a limited edition is 2,350. Pretty fair if you really want that “storm matte grey”.

NOx31

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BTW: If you’d like to order that matte grey on a Z4, you need to pay 3,300 Euro for that. It’s 2,400 more than a standard metallic color. So the more you have to pay for a limited edition is 2,350. Pretty fair if you really want that “storm matte grey”.
Right. Seems like the best way to go, besides the li'ited edition, is to order it in red/black/... and have it wrapped for €1500 :).
Oh btw, I really hope the paint quality is good! The paint on my gt86 chips if you look at it for too long :D

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right. Seems like the best way to go, besides the li'ited edition, is to order it in red/black/... and have it wrapped for €1500 :).
Oh btw, I really hope the paint quality is good! The paint on my gt86 chips if you look at it for too long :D
You should be clear bra'ing and ceramic coating this car if you get one. It will preserve it well over the next 20 years.

NOx31

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You should be clear bra'ing and ceramic coating this car if you get one. It will preserve it well over the next 20 years.
Was playing with the idea of wrapping it in the camo-design, but besides that ceramic coating and a bra is on the to-do list ;)

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Was playing with the idea of wrapping it in the camo-design, but besides that ceramic coating and a bra is on the to-do list ;)
Haha good, I hope everyone does those preventative maintenance tips for the exterior. However, it looks like we will be clear bra'ing more than just the front with those huge fenders and door scoops. Those look like rock magnets

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
121F13ED-1A4F-49BD-96B4-598766F6F76A.jpeg

As you can see the red leather package seems to be available on other trims too, because this car is white. But maybe not on every market.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
I was blown away when he announced that. I was genuinely shocked because he NEVER has had any association with Toyota/Lexus. When he said yesterday that he will buy a car today literally everyone (except for a few) said he got the Shelby GT500. However some weird aura in me said he got the Supra. And so he did. Congrats Shmee. You're not ignorant to the JDM world anymore by getting your first Japanese car. Congratulations that your first JDM car is a Supra!! YEEET.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
121F13ED-1A4F-49BD-96B4-598766F6F76A.jpeg

As you can see the red leather package seems to be available on other trims too, because this car is white. But maybe not on every market.
After looking at the pics taken by JT here ...

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/our-live-2020-supra-photos-from-detroit-auto-show.1511/

... we know that
- matte grey is not Launch Edition exclusive
- red Leather is not Launch Edition exclusive
- matte black Aluminum wheels are not Launch Edition exclusive

If it’s the same in Europe, there is no special need to buy the Launch Edition.

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
After looking at the pics taken by JT here ...

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/our-live-2020-supra-photos-from-detroit-auto-show.1511/

... we know that
- matte grey is not Launch Edition exclusive
- red Leather is not Launch Edition exclusive
- matte black Aluminum wheels are not Launch Edition exclusive

If it’s the same in Europe, there is no special need to buy the Launch Edition.
All-red leather appears to be exclusive to the American launch edition- the white car with red caps. This is different than the European launch edition, which will be matte Grey. As far as I can tell, the all red interior is limited to launch cars only, and the split red/black interior is the normal color scheme.
Sponsored