FlipCoin

FlipCoin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV LE (RR), Lexus LS 460, Lexus LX 470, Lexus SC 400
I really hope this is an actual issue and not some made up story for someone to flip their car using sympathy.

If you really paid that much above MSRP, I agree with the others here and look to get some type of modification done in the car for an easier time exiting the car. Unless there's something special about your car, I could almost guarantee your not finding a buyer that high.
I appreciate you skepticism...I can send you a pic of my handicap placard...or my latest radiologist report...
Sponsored

OP
OP
FlipCoin

FlipCoin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm with Jabba on this one. Hard to believe someone buys a car without sitting in it, let alone without test driving it. BTW, I can see a reflection on the posted picture above and seems like person is standing just fine. And I think i also see a name tag on the shirt as in Toyota Employee.

But hey, if you really did pay 25k over the sticker and not even sat on it, sorry for my assumptions and more power to you.
The pics were texted to me from dealer...and it's not that I can't stand or walk. It's getting upright that's the problem...

Last edited:

r35pect

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mkiv supra
L O L at that market adjustment category! Wow!!! That life time tint b.s. and that 3k ceramic coating are also some pretty decent price gouges.

Only person that I could reasonably understand wanting to pay anywhere near that for the mk5 is someone who can afford to literally throw the car in a dumpster without any impact to their finances and thus sell and take the major hit.

Any normal Joe Schmo paying anywhere near that kind of mark-up and then trying to recoup should get zero sympathy on the initial hit from a potential buyer. Sorry OP but best of luck trying to sell and making a good amount of your coins back.

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with Jabba on this one. Hard to believe someone buys a car without sitting in it, let alone without test driving it. BTW, I can see a reflection on the posted picture above and seems like person is standing just fine. And I think i also see a name tag on the shirt as in Toyota Employee.

But hey, if you really did pay 25k over the sticker and not even sat on it, sorry for my assumptions and more power to you.
I bought my Supra LE over the phone and then picked it up and drove it 2,500 miles... No one is allowing test drives on GR Supras. Please let me know what dealership is allowing test drive on them. I don't know how you came to that conclusion...

r35pect

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mkiv supra

Bought my first MKIV supra without ever driving one. Also bought my first r35 GTR without ever driving one. Both turned out absolutely fantastic and have owned multiple mkiv supras since and I recently sold my r35 and will be back in a newer year r35 when I locate the right one.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Ummm....don't know if you've been hiding underneath a rock for the last few weeks or what, but this seemed like a bargain compared to some I've seen listed...;/
No offense to you, but you should really do your research first. The internet consists of places, like this forum, to help you make a more informed decisions. I understand you fell in love with the car when you saw it (happens to most of us car guys), but you sound old enough to know how the car buying process works. And the BS dealers say/do to make more money off customers. You said you put down a deposit after the Detroit reveal (February), so you never kept up with any other info from then until the day of purchase?

You might think your car is worth 25k - 30k over MSRP, but I doubt you'll find another. You're better off finding someone who could help accommodate the car to your specifics needs.

OP
OP
FlipCoin

FlipCoin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
L O L at that market adjustment category! Wow!!! That life time tint b.s. and that 3k ceramic coating are also some pretty decent price gouges.

Only person that I could reasonably understand wanting to pay anywhere near that for the mk5 is someone who can afford to literally throw the car in a dumpster without any impact to their finances and thus sell and take the major hit.

Any normal Joe Schmo paying anywhere near that kind of mark-up and then trying to recoup should get zero sympathy on the initial hit from a potential buyer. Sorry OP but best of luck trying to sell and making a good amount of your coins back.
It's not that I have more money than sense...far from it. The last vehicle I purchased for myself is my still owned 2000 LX 470, and I was tired of driving my 25 year old SC. When this LE dropped into my lap after I had seemingly exhausted all my resources, I felt that I had to move quickly, as at the time I was just 1 of 1000's doing the same thing. And with this one at least being in same state as where I live made it more compelling.

Only person that I could reasonably understand wanting to pay anywhere near that - wanting to?? Really...

I had never paid MSRP for a vehicle - much less paying over. It came down that this was my (perceived) once in a lifetime chance to have a car I've wanted ever since I learned about the MK4 - after I had bought the SC (what a pisser).

...trying to recoup should get zero sympathy...Ain't looking for sympathy - guidance, feedback, or understanding maybe -

OP
OP
FlipCoin

FlipCoin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I bought my Supra LE over the phone and then picked it up and drove it 2,500 miles... No one is allowing test drives on GR Supras. Please let me know what dealership is allowing test drive on them. I don't know how you came to that conclusion...
Thank you...
2020 Supra RR roped off.jpg

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Don't know what state you're in but there are plenty of Supras going for MSRP to slightly above MSRP across the country. Nobody should feel the need to get gouged for $25-30K over. A) the car isn't *that* special, B) the LE models aren't as unique/exclusive as we thought due to the way they randomly assign the plaque # independent of VIN and build sequence, and C) sales/supply aren't nearly as constrained as you'd think. I love the car but anything over MSRP is a travesty and nobody should feel pressured to think otherwise.

There's a dealer near me and the sales manager laughed in my face when I told him $10K over was unrealistic. That was over 50 days ago and they still have the car.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Idk about the rest of the US, but all the dealers that I visited in the Houston area will not let people test drive one or let alone even sit in one.

OP
OP
FlipCoin

FlipCoin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No offense to you, but you should really do your research first. The internet consists of places, like this forum, to help you make a more informed decisions. I understand you fell in love with the car when you saw it (happens to most of us car guys), but you sound old enough to know how the car buying process works. And the BS dealers say/do to make more money off customers. You said you put down a deposit after the Detroit reveal (February), so you never kept up with any other info from then until the day of purchase?

You might think your car is worth 25k - 30k over MSRP, but I doubt you'll find another. You're better off finding someone who could help accommodate the car to your specifics needs.
No offense taken...but I virtually lived on this forum and researched wherever I could for updates and info. I was in weekly contact with my local dealer where I had a deposit down. Prior to the Supras started hitting I went and met with my assigned Toyota salesman and his sales manager (I've always dealt on the Lexus side of the dealership). I quickly figured out that being a "VIP" on the Lexus side didn't mean squat to him, and I had been bumped from #1 to #3 on "the list". Knowing that most dealerships were getting 1 LE, I knew i was on my own.

And I don't think my car -or any car- is worth anything over MSRP, if that. I'd seen where these had gone for 6 figures, so I did, right or wrong, to get my dream. Still living - still learning...

Cheers

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
No offense taken...but I virtually lived on this forum and researched wherever I could for updates and info. I was in weekly contact with my local dealer where I had a deposit down. Prior to the Supras started hitting I went and met with my assigned Toyota salesman and his sales manager (I've always dealt on the Lexus side of the dealership). I quickly figured out that being a "VIP" on the Lexus side didn't mean squat to him, and I had been bumped from #1 to #3 on "the list". Knowing that most dealerships were getting 1 LE, I knew i was on my own.

And I don't think my car -or any car- is worth anything over MSRP, if that. I'd seen where these had gone for 6 figures, so I did, right or wrong, to get my dream. Still living - still learning...

Cheers
I think ONE sold for 6 figures. At least that I know of. Most sold for MSRP or slightly over. The youtubers paid over because let's face it, they make more than it costs to get it early. There's plenty on lots for sale at sticker right now and by the time spring comes around, they'll be going for invoice. There's a new special edition slated for next year, a light blue, so the LE won't be "hot" for very long. Take what you can as soon as you can. But expect to take a 30k loss, at minimum. Nobody is going to buy a used version of a car they can buy new for 30k less.

r35pect

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mkiv supra
It's not that I have more money than sense...far from it. The last vehicle I purchased for myself is my still owned 2000 LX 470, and I was tired of driving my 25 year old SC. When this LE dropped into my lap after I had seemingly exhausted all my resources, I felt that I had to move quickly, as at the time I was just 1 of 1000's doing the same thing. And with this one at least being in same state as where I live made it more compelling.

Only person that I could reasonably understand wanting to pay anywhere near that - wanting to?? Really...

I had never paid MSRP for a vehicle - much less paying over. It came down that this was my (perceived) once in a lifetime chance to have a car I've wanted ever since I learned about the MK4 - after I had bought the SC (what a pisser).

...trying to recoup should get zero sympathy...Ain't looking for sympathy - guidance, feedback, or understanding maybe -
Here is some feedback for you: They overcharged you on fucking window tint and ceramic coating for absolutely no reason even after they had already up charged 25k. You got 100% taken by that dealership on every level and it sucks but take it as a life lesson. If you can't afford to throw away 30k into the trash and not blink at it, you shouldn't have dropped that much over sticker for car that will depreciate quickly once more of them start hitting the streets or dealerships cant sell them and start offering incentives on new ones.

Here is some guidance: Post it for sale on craigslist, here and instagram/facebook. Pick a price you want and start dropping that price every couple weeks until it sells if you are in no rush (drop the price quicker if you are). Remember, everyday that passes it's depreciating. As soon as more premiums start hitting the market the prices of the launches will also go down. If you don't mind sitting on it then start your price high and go from there. Or, pay off the negative and trade it in on something different. Those are your only options.

Sorry but its hard to understand how someone can place themselves so upside down on a car loan because they couldn't wait and acted with emotions instead of critical thought. As with life, you take the good comments with the bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FlipCoin

FlipCoin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I believe this car shares the same seat brackets as the X2, maybe test drive one and see if you like those seats better to be swapped in.
Can you please show me where you found this info on the X2?
Sponsored