Sound Insulation Removal w/ Stock Interior?

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hey guys, I've got a question about carpet and sound-deadening removal for you. I'm in the process of making my car a bit more visceral and entertaining than stock, and am basically always looking for more noise and "feel." So far, the mods I've done with this in mind are the motor mounts, a custom center-exit exhaust, a set of Pole Positions, a proper Alcantara steering wheel with magnetic shifters, Öhlins Road & Track suspension, MST intake, and some other things. SPL bits are on the list but down the road.

I've done the stripped-out fake race car thing before and don't want to go that far, but I am curious about removing some sound deadening in the firewall and under my feet and then putting the carpet back in. I asked a local shop about this and they told me that it's likely that the sound insulation is glued to the back of the carpet, so it's not realistic to separate the two and expect a carpet that looks stock but lets more noise through.

I'm not a guy who's going to pull out his interior to find out, so has anyone out there removed sound insulation but re-installed their carpet? I wonder if it's more of a remove it all and install different fabric...? Thanks!
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm not a guy who's going to pull out his interior to find out, so has anyone out there removed sound insulation but re-installed their carpet? I wonder if it's more of a remove it all and install different fabric...? Thanks!
It's foam adhered to the carpet.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
It's foam adhered to the carpet.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg
Are you able to tell me how to remove the glovebox or any part of the dash? Is there a how to section or video I’ve missed?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Wow, makes me feel crazy for adding it in around the trunk area lol.

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone removed the actual dash? I have taken the glovebox out and still can’t solve the rattle that’s coming from my dash. It’s so persistent and annoying that it’s slowly driving me crazy.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Has anyone removed the actual dash? I have taken the glovebox out and still can’t solve the rattle that’s coming from my dash. It’s so persistent and annoying that it’s slowly driving me crazy.
The rattle is most likely from the head unit.

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The rattle is most likely from the head unit.
So I actually found out what was causing the rattle but not the rattle itself. My front tires were so cupped that it was causing a vibration. I bought the tires used and even replaced a wheel bearing because of the symptoms and not thinking it was the tires. Once the new tires were installed most of my rattles were gone as well. I attribute it to the chassis being stiff and the resonance caused by the vibrations.
Sponsored